Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what shippers should I get quotes off in Scotland/ Glasgow area

what shippers should I get quotes off in Scotland/ Glasgow area

Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:51 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what shippers should I get quotes off in Scotland/ Glasgow area

Hi

Sorry I know this one gets covered a lot , but just wondering if any of you Scots out there had recommendations for shippers that cover Glasgow.

I have e-mailed Crown about getting an appointment but who else should I make appointments with for my week off coming up shortly?

Thanks
Lynn
Old Apr 17th 2005, 10:08 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what shippers should I get quotes off in Scotland/ Glasgow area

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi

Sorry I know this one gets covered a lot , but just wondering if any of you Scots out there had recommendations for shippers that cover Glasgow.

I have e-mailed Crown about getting an appointment but who else should I make appointments with for my week off coming up shortly?

Thanks
Lynn
I used Pickfords from Glasgow, they were the second cheapest, got great service, had a couple of breakages, but was nothin to do with Pickfords, aparently there was a container knocked over at the port...hmmmm ours.....on saying that the insurance that we got thro Pickfords was second to none......paid out in 2 weeks...and I only had to get 1 quote for each item....infact i didnt get a quote for a picture, I jusr sed it would vost $$$ to buy a new frame and i would do it meself
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by biggy
I used Pickfords from Glasgow, they were the second cheapest, got great service, had a couple of breakages, but was nothin to do with Pickfords, aparently there was a container knocked over at the port...hmmmm ours.....on saying that the insurance that we got thro Pickfords was second to none......paid out in 2 weeks...and I only had to get 1 quote for each item....infact i didnt get a quote for a picture, I jusr sed it would vost $$$ to buy a new frame and i would do it meself
Cheers for that Biggy - will get a quote of them too -

Anyone else got any idea's?

Lynn
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough

Cheers for that Biggy - will get a quote of them too -

Anyone else got any idea's?

Lynn

Thought I'd bump this up.
We've had 2 quotes (Glasgow to Perth)

Anglo Pacific (750 cubic feet-closed container).........3550 GBP
Allied Pickfords " .........3566 GBP

Pss never returned my call.
And we have Crown coming next week.

We wont be using Anglo Pacific due to the amount of bad publicity we've heard on this forum. In saying that, my neighbour moved with them last year and thoroughly recommended them.

Has anyone else had quotes from anyone else recently?

Cheers for now,

Shona x

ps - hope to meet up with some of you on the 18th
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

Hi Lynn,

We had Kilmarnock Removals in yesterday taking our stuff away. They were the cheapest quote I had. They do Glasgow as well, they are international.
If you want the number it is 01563 520001 worth giving them a call.
Carole
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 1:18 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

We've just had a uote from John Mason for a 20ft reefer (no not a big joint)
Ă‚Â£3100
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 1:29 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fraser
We've just had a uote from John Mason for a 20ft reefer (no not a big joint)
Ă‚Â£3100
Think youve been smoking the reefer Fraser with that spelling.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 1:31 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Think youve been smoking the reefer Fraser with that spelling.

I wish
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough

Oh btw, PSS just called me to say that they dont come up a far as Scotland bu to do an online quote anyway

hmmmmmmmmm
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 1:42 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by micky
Oh btw, PSS just called me to say that they dont come up a far as Scotland bu to do an online quote anyway

hmmmmmmmmm
& they don't take Scottish pound notes.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

hi there,there's another removal company in scotland called
constantine removals,you'll find them on the web,i know someone
who used them recently to move to new zealand.
i will be using crown removals,they are definately not the cheapest
but they have an office in perth so it wil be easier to correspond
with them should there be any problems{fingers crossed}
hope this helps.
martin.

ps my dog is costing as much as the containerĂ‚Â£3,100.00
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by micky

hmmmmmmmmm
Hi! PSS sent me a quote for Gla-Brisbane but Crown's was far more competitive - wasn't that impressed with PSS - I informed PSS that Crown were offering 6 weeks free storage in the UK and their quote only came back with 4 weeks free storage! Many companies also do NOT include the AQIS quarantine standard charges (approx 160 pounds) but Crown do - the guy from Crown was very professional and spent a lot of time listing what we were taking - he was also very good at explaining things and answering our questions - We have went with Crown and the packers come on the 22nd and 23rd of June.
We only require a 'shared' container and 700 Sq feet of that for a 2 bedroom house. Quote was 2994 pounds. Insurance at 3% of the value of our goods takes the total cost up to 3500 pounds approx. By the way - don't accept their estimation of value per metre squared - we did the itemisation and valuing of our stuff ourself and it came in at value of 15,000 pounds (and that was being generous!) but Crown's guide for value per metre squared totalled 36,000 pounds!!!!! the overall cost would of been much higher had we of taken the lazy route and went with that! You can do it either way but going round all your stuff and putting a value on it to replace it in Oz took a whole night - worth it to save all that money though.

If anyone else has any Q's about Crown then I'd be happy to answer them!

Lynn
Old Jun 4th 2005, 12:02 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
Lynn
Lynn try www.shoreporters.com we deal with them for most of the oil company personnel that come in to Aust, x-Aberdeen , i think they have depots all over scotland?............. mm
Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:52 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Hi! PSS sent me a quote for Gla-Brisbane but Crown's was far more competitive - wasn't that impressed with PSS - I informed PSS that Crown were offering 6 weeks free storage in the UK and their quote only came back with 4 weeks free storage! Many companies also do NOT include the AQIS quarantine standard charges (approx 160 pounds) but Crown do - the guy from Crown was very professional and spent a lot of time listing what we were taking - he was also very good at explaining things and answering our questions - We have went with Crown and the packers come on the 22nd and 23rd of June.
We only require a 'shared' container and 700 Sq feet of that for a 2 bedroom house. Quote was 2994 pounds. Insurance at 3% of the value of our goods takes the total cost up to 3500 pounds approx. By the way - don't accept their estimation of value per metre squared - we did the itemisation and valuing of our stuff ourself and it came in at value of 15,000 pounds (and that was being generous!) but Crown's guide for value per metre squared totalled 36,000 pounds!!!!! the overall cost would of been much higher had we of taken the lazy route and went with that! You can do it either way but going round all your stuff and putting a value on it to replace it in Oz took a whole night - worth it to save all that money though.

If anyone else has any Q's about Crown then I'd be happy to answer them!

Lynn

Hi Lynn, thanks to your previous recommendation about Crown we had them here last week to do a quote and have decided we will use them too We also had a quote from Doree Bonner who were very professional but more expensive. Crown were offering a similar service at a cheaper cost and Allied Pickfords were similar cost but not so professional. I also like the fact that Crown in Australia are the same company as Crown in the UK. All owned by one (wealthy!) guy who lives in Hong Kong. Apparently Allied Pickfords are franchises in Australia which I didn't know.

Carolyn
Old Jun 4th 2005, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by mr mover
Lynn try www.shoreporters.com we deal with them for most of the oil company personnel that come in to Aust, x-Aberdeen , i think they have depots all over scotland?............. mm
Thanks for that suggestion but as I have said we have booked Crown as they were the most professional and competative price wise! The packers come on the 22nd and 23rd June!

My original post was a good while ago - somebody just resurrected it!

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.