Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

Old Apr 18th 2012, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: john mason

We used them in 2006 and they were fine.

Like everything else use some common sense

Last edited by neil248; Apr 18th 2012 at 7:50 am.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping companies

Originally Posted by Mummy3
Ok, I know have mentioned this before, based on recent experience, I need 3 companies to quote, any recommendations?
Hi just wondered if you had your 3 quotes yet and how you found them?
Just in the process of getting quotes myself, John Mason, Crowne, Pickfords and Excess International, first company coming next week and the last 18 may !
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Liz n Alan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving/shipping companies

Hi
We need some help in finding a decently priced shipping company to take our stuff from NSW to WA, we will possibly need a 20ft container to hire too, as we think this will make things easier, yes/no??
Any recommendations/companies to avoid would be greatfully accepted.
Many thanks
Liz
Old Apr 18th 2012, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

livvyg has a spectacular aura aboutlivvyg has a spectacular aura aboutlivvyg has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: moving/shipping companies

We are looking at moving too, from SE Qld to Perth. Ive had a few quotes done ranging from about $10k from pickfords, who quoted to do all the packing and removals and down to $5,200. The cheapest was from 'you pack removals' and they provide you with a 20 foot container that you pack yourself then they come and remove it and ship it on for you. This is who we will use if/when we move.

Liv
Old Apr 18th 2012, 10:24 am
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

I am just in the process of getting quotes from Doree Bonner and John Mason. John Mason quoted £3800 for a 20' container, one of their reps is coming out next week to look at what we are taking. Both of these companies have been recommended on here before.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 12:40 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAK
I am just in the process of getting quotes from Doree Bonner and John Mason. John Mason quoted £3800 for a 20' container, one of their reps is coming out next week to look at what we are taking. Both of these companies have been recommended on here before.
I take it you're moving from the UK?
These guys are talking about moving from one side of Australia to the other!!!
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:06 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

We used Britannia, and we're using them again. They wrap and pack everything, and unwrap at destination and reassemble if needs be.

We bought our marine insurance separately from Letton Percival, because it's half the price of that quoted by any of the shipping companies, that quoted me.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:07 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alipally
I take it you're moving from the UK?
These guys are talking about moving from one side of Australia to the other!!!
Whoops got so much on my mind at the moment
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

We used White and Co from the UK beginning of this year, if you want your stuff smashed, boxes basically empty (which results in you paying way more than is necessary, we were stung a further £1,000 as a result of this), delivery company in Oz abusive and threatening then use this company.
They are now trying to renage on their insurance obligations too.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Liv, I've sent them an email, hopefully they will come back with a reasonable price.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

richie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to all

thanks all
Old Apr 18th 2012, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Have quotes JM, Brittania and Dolphin but am also,getting Crown out, just to be sure. Am happy with JM and Brittania so far as their visits were very knowledgable.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 8:43 am
Just Joined

anishahmed is an unknown quantity at this point

I am having various companies come down for a quote: brittania, pss, pickfords, Doreen bonner. Is that enough in terms of quotes or should I be going for a few more? Having read the above, I'm tempted to go for one more quote with JM.....any advice?
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Not happy with the PSS quote,they asked what volume JM had worked it out at, then quoted on that with clause of charging per extre cubic foot, not impressed with that. Didnt come to see us.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Jamer is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had a quote from John Mason for a 20ft container for £3595 from Telford to Melbourne. Pickfords are coming to quote in a week or so. Have the majority of Forumites found that this quote is about right?

Jamer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.