Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

Old Mar 17th 2012, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

deano1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mechanics tools shipping

yeah iv had a few prices got one from Anglo pacific they were £825 and one from a local company that are £650 both door to door, heading to Melbourne. I want to work with Peugeot or Kia, so if i cant get a job with them in Melbourne I will be looking at other cities. Mainly because im a master tech with them so its really as high as i can go without going into management.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

holly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really nice
Default Re: shipping companies - which one out of these two

Originally Posted by wattsbug
Thanks for sharing your experince and recommendations
wattsbug - Just seen you have your flight booked! We are booking ours soon for August. Just looking at shipping companies now. Who did you go with in the end? We're you happy with your quotes?
Old Mar 19th 2012, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

unsureone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: shipping companies - which one out of these two

We used simply ship from Aberdeen. Most professional company I have came across. Guys p up the lot in half the time the other companies quoted. Excellent to deal with.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 2:24 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much did your shipping cost this year?

Here's my quote:
£6396 for a 40ft... only around 3/4 full plus motorbike. full pack and unpack within 30 miles of port.

(plus £100 for strapping or £350 for crate for the motorbike)

Have had a quick ring round everyone else and am currently waiting for ballpark figures before inviting anyone else in for a detailed quote... I'll let you know if I turn up anything interesting.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 6:21 pm

Jensanco is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alipally
Here's my quote:
£6396 for a 40ft... only around 3/4 full plus motorbike. full pack and unpack within 30 miles of port.

(plus £100 for strapping or £350 for crate for the motorbike)

Have had a quick ring round everyone else and am currently waiting for ballpark figures before inviting anyone else in for a detailed quote... I'll let you know if I turn up anything interesting.
I take it that was the quote from Brittania?

Will that be a shared 40 ft container then ?
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 10:32 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Sole use container... my life is Waaaay too short to even consider groupage!
We used Britannia last time and they unpacked us when we came back. The company is local (I think they're franchises) they very same lads turned up to unpack years later!

Had rough estimate from Pickfords... they seem to be coming out very reasonable... unlike a few years ago.

40ft including the crate for the bike, based on what Britannia have quoted for, came to £6180!
They're coming next week to check!
I'll keep you posted.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 2:07 pm

Default Dolphin Movers?

Has any used this shipping company ?

Reviews? Opinions on them please?
Old Mar 24th 2012, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future
Default Shared container - AQIS fees?

Hi, I have searched for this but the rough prices given were in threads dating back a few years (2008 to 2009) so I was wondering if anybody had a more recent experience of the fees

My container is currently on its way to Australia and I know I have the AQIS fee to pay but I've not been told how much or how it works. The customs clearance fee is included with my quote so I know I don't need to worry about that one

I have a shared contain (I have 250 cubic feet) so does each person using the container pay the fee or is it one fee which is split between us?

How much roughly am I looking at paying?

Thanks
Old Mar 24th 2012, 3:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shared container - AQIS fees?

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
Hi, I have searched for this but the rough prices given were in threads dating back a few years (2008 to 2009) so I was wondering if anybody had a more recent experience of the fees

My container is currently on its way to Australia and I know I have the AQIS fee to pay but I've not been told how much or how it works. The customs clearance fee is included with my quote so I know I don't need to worry about that one

I have a shared contain (I have 250 cubic feet) so does each person using the container pay the fee or is it one fee which is split between us?

How much roughly am I looking at paying?

Thanks
Each person with a shipment will have an AQIS fee to pay as it is applied to each person's goods. You'll get a bill for the basic fee, plus a fee for each item they feel should be destroyed or treated. The basic used to be around $170, but I don't know if its gone up over the last couple of years.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 9:50 pm
Ping pong PoM

Have to be honest never heard of them....did you get a good quote from them?
Old Mar 25th 2012, 2:01 am
jezS69

jezS69 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Dolphin Movers 6yrs ago.
It wasn't a contauner,just some boxes but they were efficient- provided the boxes, picked it up from my house & it all arrived securely in Oz a few weeks later.
I'm looking at moving furniture from the UK & I'd consider using them.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by jezS69
I used Dolphin Movers 6yrs ago.
It wasn't a contauner,just some boxes but they were efficient- provided the boxes, picked it up from my house & it all arrived securely in Oz a few weeks later.
I'm looking at moving furniture from the UK & I'd consider using them.
Thanks Jez

They popped up on something I was looking at and the intial rough guide quotes seem really really cheap compared to others!
So might get them round to price up a proper quote for us
Old Mar 25th 2012, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

richie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to all
Default self load container

hi,
has anyone ever tried the self load container route to transporting your possesions to australia and not used an actual removal firm?
if so what are the pitfalls and hidden costs?
cheers
Old Mar 25th 2012, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Shaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to all
Default Re: self load container

Hi Richie

We used this option from Australia-Belfast 2 years ago. It saved us quite a bit of money too. Don't know about going to Aus though but you can have a read and it'll give you an idea...

Just have to figure out how to put the thread on here.......

Shaz
Old Mar 25th 2012, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Shaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to all
Default Re: self load container

Can't figure out how to do it, maybe someone can help on that one, if not just do a search for 'self load containers' by Shaz&Dee...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.