Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

Old Apr 19th 2012, 12:56 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of
Default Re: john mason

Originally Posted by Jamer
I have had a quote from John Mason for a 20ft container for £3595 from Telford to Melbourne. Pickfords are coming to quote in a week or so. Have the majority of Forumites found that this quote is about right?

Jamer
I got a quote from them this week for a 20ft container for £3800 from Doncaster to Perth Someone is coming out next week to look at what we are taking so see what he says. We also have someone coming from Doree Bonner.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

palfreyman1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: john mason

I had quote from them to john Mason was £3600 & pickfords was £3800 both 20ft containers from sunderland tyne&wear to brisbane this did not include insurance or for the inspection in brisbane
Old Apr 20th 2012, 9:10 am
Just Joined

zlou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommended Shipping Companies

Hi there.
My husband and I are immigrating to Oz soon and was wondering if anyone can recommend any good shipping companies. We have had a quote from Anglo Pacific, they seemed pretty decent but just wanted to see if there was anyone else as competitive out there?
Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all
Default Re: Recommended Shipping Companies

Originally Posted by zlou
Hi there.
My husband and I are immigrating to Oz soon and was wondering if anyone can recommend any good shipping companies. We have had a quote from Anglo Pacific, they seemed pretty decent but just wanted to see if there was anyone else as competitive out there?
Thanks
We had anglo pacific out and found them really pofessional however we also had doree bonner out and were extremely impressed how attentive they are. we opted for doree bonner. The agent was great and their packers were brill. very acomodating. they were cheaper than anglo, altho it wasnt all about the money.

our stuff is at sea as i write. just need it to arrive, and in one piece

i dont think anyone can say go with these or go with them. there will always be good and bad experiences. go with your gut.... good luck
Old Apr 20th 2012, 11:16 am
Just Joined

thepenguins is an unknown quantity at this point

We would recommend Doree Bonner from Dartford in Kent... they were great with us, very professional and competative as well!
They were extremely careful and great lads too!!
Old Apr 21st 2012, 12:17 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zlou
Hi there.
Thanks
We used F&N 6 years ago.... worth a call, we found them very good on price and they did a first class job!

http://www.fnworldwide.com/
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Phil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the rough
Question What to ship or not

Hi All,

We leave for Oz (Sunshine Coast) in October but really are not sure weather to ship our things or not. What do most of you think that have done the move, is it better to bring everthing or just the personal stuff & buy all the other bits in Oz ?

Also who is best to ship with from the Romford, Essex area ?

Many Thanks

Phil & Family
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:58 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to ship or not

Originally Posted by Phil K
Hi All,

We leave for Oz (Sunshine Coast) in October but really are not sure weather to ship our things or not. What do most of you think that have done the move, is it better to bring everthing or just the personal stuff & buy all the other bits in Oz ?

Many Thanks

Phil & Family
General advice is to ship as much as possible as it's cheaper than trying to replace it in Oz. We're sending a 20ft container which is costing about 4K to Adelaide.

Oh and include plenty of extension cables to avoid having to replace all your plugs
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phil K
Hi All,

Many Thanks

Phil & Family
Very common question and the resoudning response is to bring everything, there is no way you could replace all your stuff for the cost of a container.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Phil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Guy's

I was thinking this may be the case but needed to ask before packing a 3 bed house & shipping. Just need to find a good shipper for our area now.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:58 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

If you bring your beds out, also bring replacement fitted sheets etc as bed sizes over here are slightly different to the UK.

http://www.the-pillow.com.au/resources/bed_sizes.php
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thats very helpfull KJ, I think I will get a list together of bits to buy before we go.

Many Thanks : )
Old Apr 24th 2012, 12:04 am

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice

if its anything like here in nz i would recommended going and buying a load of things to on sell:-)

wish we had a bought a few hoovers, maybe a washing machine or two if you can afford it, and oh god fridge!!

i reckon if we had just brought say 1 or two of each we would have at least doubled out money - eg washer drier in uk paid 200 quid (hoover) over here a front loader washing machine in 1000nz dollers so best part of 500 quid!!

american style fridge freezer is >2500 nz dollars even the cheapest!!

and the worst of all bissell carpet shampooers!! a cheap one in uk sells for £60 and for the same model we paid- wait for it $400nz !!!! (£181)

get my drift!!! so go shopping and if you dont use it yourself onsell it :-)
Old Apr 24th 2012, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the tip : )

We can do a bit of that to help out with the shipping costs.

What about LED TVs are they expensive, as over here at the min the price just keeps dropping.

Will grab a couple of Dyson hovers : )
Old Apr 24th 2012, 12:33 am

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice

check in oz the prices on ebay etc but god dysons over here are >$900 nz !!!!!

the thought of spending that on a hoover makes me want to vomit!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.