Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What a scorcher?? here in uk

What a scorcher?? here in uk

Old Jul 15th 2003, 12:59 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Obviously just a milk sop nature. Troppo under the sun terrace!

Well keeps Sun cancer at bay and Livers are easy to replace ask Mr Best.

Old Jul 15th 2003, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by dotty

Fans do nothing in OZ except blast the hot air right at you. Air condit is the way to go. .
Got to disagree with you their Dotty, when I first came here I thought that as well they would be a waste of time, but now I've got some they make a huge difference.

It seems moving air has a cooling effect even if it's hot moving air. Just look at the number of people fanning themselves with anything to hand in hot weather even in the UK.

Try fanning yourself in cold weather you won't do it for long. Also in cold weather if it's windy the wind chill factor makes it even colder than if their was no wind.

Agree Air con is best but expensive and fans cost $50 or less, you pay your money and take your pick.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 1:10 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Got to disagree with you their Dotty, when I first came here I thought that as well they would be a waste of time, but now I've got some they make a huge difference.

It seems moving air has a cooling effect even if it's hot moving air. Just look at the number of people fanning themselves with anything to hand in hot weather even in the UK.

Try fanning yourself in cold weather you won't do it for long. Also in cold weather if it's windy the wind chill factor makes it even colder than if their was no wind.

Agree Air con is best but expensive and fans cost $50 or less, you pay your money and take your pick.

Thats put 1,000,000 people in the Air-con industry out of work.

Old Jul 15th 2003, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Thats put 1,000,000 people in the Air-con industry out of work.

No they will just pay them to do sweet FA just like they do YOU and me.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 1:17 pm
Banned

No they will just pay them to do sweet FA just like they do YOU and me.
Or turn them into goverment workers , no hopers like you?

Old Jul 15th 2003, 1:44 pm
Banned

Default Re: What a scorcher?? here in uk

Originally posted by delboy
would like to know if schools etc r all aircondioned in oz.eg public places shops,as i wish they were here, temp today 33 phewweee
I want home NOW.

Got to be hard on all the immo's phoning home right now . the first words are hows the weather , well Mum its cool and raining , come home son its bloody warm here.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003321848,00.html

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 15th 2003 at 1:54 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 2:27 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

I want home NOW.

Got to be hard on all the immo's phoning home right now . the first words are hows the weather , well Mum its cool and raining , come home son its bloody warm here.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003321848,00.html

Talk about third differential, you mag on about people magging on about magging on about the weather, a topic you claim to disdain.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 2:32 pm
Banned

Talk about third differential, you mag on about people magging on about magging on about the weather, a topic you claim to disdain.
Weather is refugees reason for coming to the Third World , mine was missionary work.

Old Jul 15th 2003, 2:37 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Weather is refugees reason for coming to the Third World , mine was missionary work.

Your "mission" is to keep yourself together long enough that we don't have to send your maggoty body back in a box.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 2:39 pm
Banned

Your "mission" is to keep yourself together long enough that we don't have to send your maggoty body back in a box.

The bloody flies are bad here , the swarms hovering around Balcatta are feeding well off the corpse that I work at.

Old Jul 15th 2003, 2:54 pm
Banned

The bloody flies are bad here , the swarms hovering around Balcatta are feeding well off the corpse that I work at.

I've had words with Quarantine about how they let you in.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 5:21 pm
Banned

Trust you to leave it 9 years , last time I depend on an Aussie.

Old Jul 15th 2003, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can not say anthing nice dont say anthing at all...............
:lecture:
Old Jul 16th 2003, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

TimEh? is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed! Fans do not alter the temp one bit (try explaining that to my wife) other than technically raising the temp due to the energy used by the fan turning into heat; however, fans DO remove heat from the body due to evaporation.

The fan's action increases convective heat loss by making it easier for the air to evaporate sweat from your skin (which is how we eliminate body heat). The more evaporation, the cooler we feel. :lecture:
Old Jul 16th 2003, 11:36 am
Banned

Originally posted by TimEh?
Agreed! Fans do not alter the temp one bit (try explaining that to my wife) other than technically raising the temp due to the energy used by the fan turning into heat; however, fans DO remove heat from the body due to evaporation.

The fan's action increases convective heat loss by making it easier for the air to evaporate sweat from your skin (which is how we eliminate body heat). The more evaporation, the cooler we feel. :lecture:
All very good I think I'll stick with Air-Con with fans as a back up , a 40 deg draught is hardly cooling .
Air-Con is worth every cent in Australia and adds value to a home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.