Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What School Year?? Help Plz!

What School Year?? Help Plz!

Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

jo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nice
Default What School Year?? Help Plz!

Hi

We are emigrating to Perth mid January 07, my daughter has just turned 12, what 'school year' will she be in when she starts school at the end of Jan 07?

Also, will it be the last year of primary, or her first year at high school?

Many thanks x x x

Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What School Year?? Help Plz!

Originally Posted by jo&neil
Hi

We are emigrating to Perth mid January 07, my daughter has just turned 12, what 'school year' will she be in when she starts school at the end of Jan 07?

Many thanks x x x

From what Lacey was telling me last week, she will sit a test and the school will place her in either the same year as in the UK or the next year up. Hope that helps.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:16 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Many thanks x x x

I have 2 kids that are 12 (birthday in Feb)and are in the last year of primary school and start high school next year
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

jo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nice

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
From what Lacey was telling me last week, she will sit a test and the school will place her in either the same year as in the UK or the next year up. Hope that helps.

hi many thanks x x
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:22 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've been told there is also a lot of parental choice. My kids are younger than yours but we are choosing to put them with their age group rather than the year above which they may be capable of dealing with. Main reason is that if they go in the year above they'll be able to to leave school at 15 :scared: , other reason is that it will give them an easier year to settle in and make friends and to deal with the differing approaches to education.

Lou
xx

hi many thanks x x
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:41 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Weasy
From what I've been told there is also a lot of parental choice. My kids are younger than yours but we are choosing to put them with their age group rather than the year above which they may be capable of dealing with. Main reason is that if they go in the year above they'll be able to to leave school at 15 :scared: , other reason is that it will give them an easier year to settle in and make friends and to deal with the differing approaches to education.

Lou
xx

we did that also, the kids went into classes by their age(s0 almost repeated a full year), made it a lot easier for them to settle at school as they didnt struggle. Things are done differentlly here and it lets the kids get to grips with it all, its not just a change of school, its a whole new life. Best of Luck
Old Oct 28th 2006, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter has just turned 13 and she will be going into Year 9 in Jan 07. So yours will be joining High School at Year 8. At least she will be going into a new school with lots of other newbies, so she won't be the only one feeling lost. Couldn't be starting at a better time, probably!