Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what is RSMS visa?

what is RSMS visa?

Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Default what is RSMS visa?

Basically as the title says, what is the RSMS visa I hear people talk about?

Mick
Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:23 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what is RSMS visa?

Originally Posted by mickagnew

Mick

There is also a Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) which is designed to help employers in regional or low population growth areas of Australia, who are unable to fill skilled vacancies from the Australian labour market.

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme
This page describes the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS), which is designed to help employers in regional or low population growth areas of Australia who cannot fill skilled vacancies from the Australian labour market.

It provides information for employers and those wanting to migrate using this category.

This information is a general guide only, but it will help you decide if this category applies to you.

If you decide you want to use this scheme, it is essential that you read the detailed information in Booklet 5, Employer Sponsored Migration.

Contents of this page -
Summary of migration requirements
Further information

Summary of migration requirements
The RSMS allows employers in regional or low population growth areas of Australia to fill skilled positions that they cannot to fill from the local labour market. Under this scheme DIMIA works in partnership with appointed Regional Certifying Bodies (RCB’s) to ensure that skilled migrants are targeted towards filling vacancies in regional Australia in areas of greatest need.

An employer can take part in the scheme if their business is in any part of Australia except Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong, Melbourne and Perth. A list of post codes specifying those parts of Australia which are covered under the RSMS is available.
See: RSMS Gazetted Post Codes

RSMS Postcodes
Australian Capital Territory
Entire Territory

New South Wales (except Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong)
2250 to 2251 - Central Coast
2256 to 2263 - Central Coast
2311 to 2312
2328 to 2411
2420 to 2490
2536 to 2551
2575 to 2594
2618 to 2739
2787 to 2898

Northern Territory
Entire Territory

Queensland (except the greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast)
4124 to 4125
4270 to 4272
4307 to 4499
4517 to 4519
4522 to 4899

South Australia
Entire State

Tasmania
Entire State

Victoria (except Melbourne metropolitan area)
3211 to 3334
3340 to 3424
3430 to 3649
3658 to 3749
3778 to 3781
3810 to 3909
3921 to 3925
3945 to 3974
3981 to 3996

Western Australia (except Perth and surrounding areas)
6041 to 6044
6083 to 6084
6121 to 6126
6200 to 6799
Old Sep 6th 2005, 9:19 am
Now a Citizen. YAY!

Ron888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mick
RSMS (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme).

This is a Permanent Resident Visa which has the following conditions:

1. You must be willing to reside in a regional location in Australia
a. NSW except Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong
b. Northern Territory
c. Queensland except Greater Brisbane Area and GoldCoast
d. South Australia
e. Tasmania
f. Victoria except Melbourne metro
g. Western Australia except Perth and surr

2. You must be willing to complete at least two years service to the company that sponsored you.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ron.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

just got mine, we leave in 7wks so if i can help at all please ask

Trish
Old Sep 6th 2005, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jimtrish

Trish
Hi Trish

It would seem that you have done yours very quickly, where did you get the sponsorship from, you obviously already have a job already lined.
Once you`ve been with this company for 2 years have you then got a permanent visa and where abouts are you going?

Thanks for the info

Mick
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:09 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Trish

It would seem that you have done yours very quickly, where did you get the sponsorship from, you obviously already have a job already lined.
Once you`ve been with this company for 2 years have you then got a permanent visa and where abouts are you going?

Thanks for the info

Mick
You are locked into the sponsor for two years meaning you cannot take yourself out of his employ. However if the company goes bust or you are made redundant you are free to stay in Aus.
(unlike a 457 temp visa where you have to leave within 28 days irrespective of the reason for termination of employment)
You could contrive to be sacked I suppose but DIMIA review cases so could still cancel the visa if they suspected funny business.

I guess it is possible to have another employer "take over" an RSMS visa sponsorship mid term but have not seen it confirmed. If it is so then I'm sure DIMIA would need to be informed all the way through.

After the two years you are a free agent to move and work where you wish.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:12 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Trish
HEAP BIG CONGRATULATIONS JIM & TRISH.

See you soon all being well.

I've never met another RSMS so that will be novel.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
HEAP BIG CONGRATULATIONS JIM & TRISH.

See you soon all being well.

I've never met another RSMS so that will be novel.

hi there,

well we land in cairns on 2nd nov, so watch out!!
it will be great to meet you guys.
will keep you up to date.
so are we having a special 'rsms' party then!!

Trish
xx
Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Trish

Thanks for the info

Mick
hi mick,
yep very quick.
sponsorship from townsville and yes ive got a job at the hospital.
its pr visa the minute you land and once the 2yrs are up, as bix has said, you can do whatever you like
They offered 457 visa first but after lots of advice from JAJ etc on here, I pushed for rsms and they agreed, definitely worth pushing, if just for peace of mind if you are made redundant etc.
There are no reminders etc about you finishing the 2yrs, so you just work it out yourself.
goodluck

Trish
Old Sep 6th 2005, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

clotje is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of curiosity: what are your occupations and how/where did you find Australian employers who were willing to sponsor you?
Old Sep 6th 2005, 2:47 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by clotje
Out of curiosity: what are your occupations and how/where did you find Australian employers who were willing to sponsor you?
Hi Clotje

I am a logistics manager and was head hunted by a mining company who are competitors to the company I worked for in the UK.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi Clotje

I am a logistics manager and was head hunted by a mining company who are competitors to the company I worked for in the UK.
Oh I thought you were a pasty maker
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Trish
Many congratulations on your RSMS visa. Was it 3 months from job offer to receiving the visa?

We are job hunting now to try for a RSMS visa. Was it a straight forward visa to get? Did you use an agent? tell us all!
Helinuk
Old Sep 6th 2005, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by helinuk
Many congratulations on your RSMS visa. Was it 3 months from job offer to receiving the visa?

We are job hunting now to try for a RSMS visa. Was it a straight forward visa to get? Did you use an agent? tell us all!
Helinuk

hi, got job offer back last october subject to me passing the course i was on which i did in april. visa process from start to finish took 6wks! didnt use an agent, no need as ours was a straight forward no complications jobby.
really straight forward,they do the first 2 bits, you get your nomination and then have meds and send your visa application off.
goodluck

Trish
Old Sep 6th 2005, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by clotje
Im a neonatal nurse so quite well sought after, got job offer last oct. applied direct to hospitals and they pretty much replied straight away and then interviewed,really all happened very quick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.