Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What a rip-off!!

What a rip-off!!

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:54 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default What a rip-off!!

i was walking through queen st mall yesterday when i saw the new australian football shirt for sale. since we've made the world cup this year i thought i'd buy the shirt. i had a feeling it would be a bit pricey, but since you can get the new england shirt for £22 ($55) in england i thought it might be a bit more reasonable.

but no, it's $130 (that's £52, and i'm being conservative with the exchange rate) which is more than double the cost of the new england shirt.

so bugger that, i'm not gonna get the australia shirt, but i'll get an england one sent over.

anyway, i checked around, and it seems $125 is the cheapest i could find. unsurprisingly you can buy online in america and get it delivered for about $95!! (which is still 75% more expensive than the england shorts cost, but 31% cheaper than buying it un australia).

what a rip-off!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice
Angry Re: What a rip-off!!

Originally Posted by brisnick
i was walking through queen st mall yesterday when i saw the new australian football shirt for sale. since we've made the world cup this year i thought i'd buy the shirt. i had a feeling it would be a bit pricey, but since you can get the new england shirt for £22 ($55) in england i thought it might be a bit more reasonable.

but no, it's $130 (that's £52, and i'm being conservative with the exchange rate) which is more than double the cost of the new england shirt.

so bugger that, i'm not gonna get the australia shirt, but i'll get an england one sent over.

anyway, i checked around, and it seems $125 is the cheapest i could find. unsurprisingly you can buy online in america and get it delivered for about $95!! (which is still 75% more expensive than the england shorts cost, but 31% cheaper than buying it un australia).

what a rip-off!
Oh my god their taking the p**s what a rip off.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a rip-off!!

what a rip-off!
So who will you be supporting England or Oz?
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:01 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I know where you can get an Aussie rugby shirt for $25 if you want but can't get you a soccer one.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:12 am
ABCDiamond

How about one of these Australian Soccer Train Gold Shirt - $45.00

http://www.footyshop.com.au/index.cf...tml?pidVal=215

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
So who will you be supporting England or Oz?
Wouldn't bother with either, not if you want to support a winning side anyway This sort of goes back to an old thread about saddo middle aged men wandering around in their country's footie shirts - really should be banned
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:17 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Wouldn't bother with either, not if you want to support a winning side anyway This sort of goes back to an old thread about saddo middle aged men wandering around in their country's footie shirts - really should be banned

Thats it, I'm wearing my Scottish rugby shirt to the Melbourne meet tomorrow.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:25 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i'll support both. no need to worry about them meeting, as they can't meet until the semi-final and i'll buy and eat an australia shirt if that happens!!

as for middle-aged men - it's a look i hate too. i'd only wear it when watching the games, or playing football. i'm not a fan of the footie shirt as a fashion item (well, not since i was 10 years old anyway).

as for the 'casual' shirt. nah, i want the playing shirt.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:31 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

what a rip-off!
It's like the new Western Force Rugby jersey. It was selling for $149 last year but you can now get it for $99 (maybe because they are sh1te & can't win a game) which is still too much. $80 would be a fair price. You can get a Wallabies jersey for that price, but who would support that bunch of clowns?
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:34 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Amen. Fat old farts with their guts poking out the front of a nylon England shirt - disposable plastic lager glass full of Carling in one sweaty hand, half-eaten Ginsters pasty in the other. So sophisticated ...
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Bought my kids a load or quicksilver and other surf shirts in UK for less than half the price of the same stuff in the surf shops here.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:40 am
Drunken Aussie

i reckon i'd pay $80-90 but any more is really a big, big rip off.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Amen. Fat old farts with their guts poking out the front of a nylon England shirt - disposable plastic lager glass full of Carling in one sweaty hand, half-eaten Ginsters pasty in the other. So sophisticated ...

Sounds familiar, Aussie rules shirt sleeves ripped out, tin of VB and half eaten maggot bag with sauce
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:44 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Sounds familiar, Aussie rules shirt sleeves ripped out, tin of VB and half eaten maggot bag with sauce
Think there's an echo in here ....
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Bought my kids a load or quicksilver and other surf shirts in UK for less than half the price of the same stuff in the surf shops here.
The surf shops here are a rip off. Quicksilver shirts can be bought for about $25, but I reckon Surf Shops would be a hell of a lot more than that. What price were they charging ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.