what a rip off!

Old Dec 30th 2003, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default what a rip off!

Ok-I have to have a whinge-yes, I am sorry another!!

Was going to go to the tip/garbage dump or whatever you call it today and guess what-it costs $10 per car load-what a rip off!

Is there anything in this country that you don't have to pay for?!
Old Dec 30th 2003, 1:29 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: what a rip off!

Originally posted by melaniee

Was going to go to the tip/garbage dump or whatever you call it today and guess what-it costs $10 per car load-what a rip off!

In the UK they are thinking of charging you per rubbish bag collected by the binmen (on top of the rates that are paid, and increase yearly....)
Old Dec 30th 2003, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hiya melaniee

try going into your local council administration offices (I think it's Peel Street in Mandurah) and ask at the front desk for some tip passes. If you've moved into a rental or bought your own home they will issue you with a book of I think, 4 tip passes.

Also get them to give you the leaflet that tells you when the green waste and white goods pick ups are (although you can usually tell when one is due cos people leave the rubbish on their front lawns)

Once you've used up your allocated tip passes though then you will have to start paying....you will just have to hope you don't need to go to tip very often!!

love sophia xx
Old Dec 30th 2003, 1:39 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Fortunately we haven't needed a trip to the tip yet, but I would have not been happy paying $10.

When we moved into our current house, there was a big yellow sticker on the top of the bin. Clearly the garbage collectors had refused to empty it at some point. there was a big list of why the bin would not be emptied; too heavy, wrong way round, too smelly, in the wrong place, wrong sustance in it.

When we saw this we thought that we would have some trouble actually getting the bin emptied.

But I have conformed and put my bin out just like all the other bins in the road I am glad to say I haven't had a problem yet. Hence no need to visit the tip.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Tip passes

now that is worth knowing-thank you very much for that! I will take a trip there soon and get my free passes-wow something free-what is the catch!?
Old Dec 30th 2003, 1:54 pm
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice

I cant see a problem with this, Things will be getting worse in the UK, as cherry6 pointed out soon we will have to pay £1 per bin bag (over an allocated amount) and soon we to will be paying to go to the tip, and thats on top of the £104 per month i pay in council tax.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 1:57 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by fishyben
I cant see a problem with this, Things will be getting worse in the UK, as cherry6 pointed out soon we will have to pay £1 per bin bag (over an allocated amount) and soon we to will be paying to go to the tip, and thats on top of the £104 per month i pay in council tax.
There is a council tax here too which I think is about 7.5% of the value of your house, someone correct me if I am worng. This can itself be a tidy annual sum.

I think the isn't about a comparison to the UK. It's about not expecting to have to pay $10 to dump your rubbish.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

$10 is cheap - I think my local tip charges from about $25 a trailer load- depending on what sort of rubbish you have e.g. garden waste, concrete, building rubble etc.

The tip is not run by the council hence the charges. It's also a great place to pick up odds 'n' sods for recycling.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 6:51 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember the tip in Woking Surrey to be free. I like the idea because it helps discourage illegal tippers.

Something I hate here is council clear up. Once a year you get notice that the council is going to collect the type of rubbush you take to the tip. The roadsides then get filled with all sorts of crap including dangerous chemicals that would not be accepted anyway. The roadside turns into a tip and the kiddies can play in all the dangerous junk left around.

A lot of people seem to think council clear up is year round so they just leave their cookers, fridges etc in the streets whenever they want.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 10:42 pm
ABCDiamond

Our local tip, in QLD, is FREE but only if you can prove local residency.

Old Dec 30th 2003, 10:55 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
I remember the tip in Woking Surrey to be free. I like the idea because it helps discourage illegal tippers.

Something I hate here is council clear up. Once a year you get notice that the council is going to collect the type of rubbush you take to the tip. The roadsides then get filled with all sorts of crap including dangerous chemicals that would not be accepted anyway. The roadside turns into a tip and the kiddies can play in all the dangerous junk left around.

A lot of people seem to think council clear up is year round so they just leave their cookers, fridges etc in the streets whenever they want.
When I stayed in Hornsby the council clean up was monthly - the place always had cookers, TV and other rubbish left out - I agree it looked a tip. Here in St Ives I call and find out which day is the next clear up and they collect it for free. Not Garden waste though we always have more than the bin full every two weeks - must get to know the neighbours and see if they have any space!
Old Dec 30th 2003, 10:59 pm

Originally posted by Sandra
When I stayed in Hornsby the council clean up was monthly - the place always had cookers, TV and other rubbish left out - I agree it looked a tip. Here in St Ives I call and find out which day is the next clear up and they collect it for free. Not Garden waste though we always have more than the bin full every two weeks - must get to know the neighbours and see if they have any space!
Apparently St Ives is pronounced snives by the residents. Sounds like a place for Hyacinth Bucket.

I think that is reflection on the residents of St Ives. I am thinking of buying up the North Shore because the residents seem to be more protecting of their local environment.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 11:05 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Apparently St Ives is pronounced snives by the residents. Sounds like a place for Hyacinth Bucket.

I think that is reflection on the residents of St Ives. I am thinking of buying up the North Shore because the residents seem to be more protecting of their local environment.
I would agree Snives is known as a little posh and it helps with the look of the place. There are quite a few Hyacinth Buckets here - when we rented we never had a single neighbout talk to us. 20 months in and having bought we are getting to know the neighbours! Trouble is you pay OTT for houses. Nice to be near the kids schools though.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 11:09 pm
WBB

it is free to tip here and i have been taking full advantage of the local dump over the last few months, it's amazing how much crap you build up over a few years.

Old Dec 30th 2003, 11:10 pm

Originally posted by welshboybilly
it is free to tip here and i have been taking full advantage of the local dump over the last few months, it's amazing how much crap you build up over a few years.

WBB you are meant to take stuff to the tip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.