Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What religion do you "belong" to?

View Poll Results: Do you call yourself....
Catholic
14.45%
Protestant
20.81%
Jewish
0.58%
Moslem
3.47%
Other "established" religion
4.05%
Sect (Scientologist, Brethren etc)
1.73%
Agnostic
13.29%
Aetheist
41.62%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

What religion do you "belong" to?

Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:12 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What religion do you "belong" to?

God - isn't he just an imaginary friend for grown ups!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 11:24 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kezzabird;5906427]"I feel it is wrong to force a religion onto someone as it was my father and my partner. [B]Both are now very anti religious because it was forced upon them and have rebelled. Both have no tolerence of any religion what so ever."

Paradox: Wrong to force religion on someone yet have have no tolerance of any religion whatsoever. However, it can be very hard when you are forced to do anything against your will.

I am a Christian and believe that the major religions (in the sense being discussed here) do not 'own' respect and humility. I have found people in the churches I have attended to be horrified by atheists and I have also found the reverse to be true. Same coin, different sides.

Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love.
The Buddha

Shabba,
Cooler
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Isn't there a song about a thin line between love and hate?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:01 am
Just Joined

artesianplumbing is an unknown quantity at this point

I am anglican..
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:07 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

did anyone see the programme on child preachers???

Opinions, if you did please

(My thoughts are this, no child is intellectually developed enough to make a conscious, informed decision.... these kids are exploited by over zealous parents, who have indoctrinated and brain washed their children!)
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:13 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

As of now, 0915 UTC, 164 have voted and over half say they're agnostic or aetheist
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wol
As of now, 0915 UTC, 164 have voted and over half say they're agnostic or aetheist
That's because most on this web are realistic.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
did anyone see the programme on child preachers???

Opinions, if you did please

(My thoughts are this, no child is intellectually developed enough to make a conscious, informed decision.... these kids are exploited by over zealous parents, who have indoctrinated and brain washed their children!)
I did see some of it, and as a Christian I cringed.
I do of some kids, that are "used" by God. For example a friend of mine has a daughter who when she was three and at the hospital to say goodbye to a dying aunt, announced that God wanted to make her better, prayed for her, layed hands on her, and her aunt went home 2 days later, healed.
However, I agree that some kids are over zealously pushed, and no, most kids have no deep understanding to make an informed decision, but there are some very few kids out there who are wise beyond their years, and have an understanding that defies logical assumptions, in the same way there are child genius. But like most programmes I have ever watched where Christianity is the subject, they choose the most bizarre, the most hardcore, the most unforgiving, most graceless people they can find. You almost never find "sensible" Christians or a balanced viewpoint.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

dainty will become famous soon enough

What about "Jedi"
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:34 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dainty
What about "Jedi"
I believe that Renth, had his family listed as Jedi in the last Sensus!!

'Feel the Force!!'

Ali x