Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is "regional" in the context of Victoria?

What is "regional" in the context of Victoria?

Old Apr 4th 2004, 5:24 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default What is "regional" in the context of Victoria?

Since the definition of "regional areas" for the new regional skilled visas might be left to the States and Territories to decide, I thought it might be interesting to note what the State of Victoria sees as "regional":
http://www.migration.vic.gov.au/CA25...8?OpenDocument

Best regards.
Old Apr 4th 2004, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What is "regional" in the context of Victoria?

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Since the definition of "regional areas" for the new regional skilled visas might be left to the States and Territories to decide, I thought it might be interesting to note what the State of Victoria sees as "regional":
http://www.migration.vic.gov.au/CA25...8?OpenDocument

Best regards.
Hi Alan,

Thank you for this link, I have spent the last few days thinking about our options since the announcement of 120 points. We have only just sent our pack for pre-skills assessment back to you, and so we are fully aware that we will have to apply under the new criteria!

I have downloaded some postcode maps of regional QLD, NSW, VIC, & WA, and have been working through the regional lists to see how much the change will affect us. We really wanted to live bayside south of Brisbane as we have family there, but as we assume we won't get 120 due to age, no MODL etc. we will have to rethink our plans and try and get state nominated visa or regional visa (whatever that may entail).

We were very interested to discover your other website, Go Matilda Recruitment, and I'm sure Darren will be discussing this with Glenn at a later date, once we have a positive skills assessment!

regards

sandy