Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

At what point did you put your house up for sale?

Wikiposts

At what point did you put your house up for sale?

Old May 13th 2003, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default At what point did you put your house up for sale?

When did you all put your houses on the market? At the beginning of the application? After the medicals or police checks etc? I would be interested to find out.

Thanks
Mandy
Old May 13th 2003, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: At what point did you put your house up for sale?

Originally posted by scrawni
When did you all put your houses on the market? At the beginning of the application? After the medicals or police checks etc? I would be interested to find out.

Thanks
Mandy

We put the house up for sale once we were asked to lodge the bond money.

yve
Old May 13th 2003, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Hi Mandy

We only put our house on the market last week once we knew the funds had been received for our $100,000 bond. We would have loved to have done it sooner so as to take the pressure off but felt that we may be tempting fate if we did. Mind you we still haven't received the visa so we could still be tempting fate!

Best of luck
Old May 13th 2003, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

dobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

we put our house for sale when we received request for capital investment received offer today a few thousand below asking price but we can set completion date around when we would like to leave for oz hopefully sept . havent lodged investment yet as the pound is quite low not sure what to do
dobbo
Old May 13th 2003, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ,

We put on house on the market the day after we did our medicals.

Got the valuations done around the same time,think when we got the letter asking for the medicals to be done. Held off putting it on the market just in case.

Started doing the work on the house a couple of months before we thought we would get asked to do the medicals. So it was all good timing.

Depends how you want to play it, we wanted the general ok from the dr before putting our house on market.

Also,if we had somewhere else to stay had we of put the house on the market a couple of months earlier we may have done this.

Our situation now is that we sold the house months ago and are hanging around waiting to sign. Have had our visas 3 months but still here.

Don't know if any of that helps. don't think there is a right or a wrong time it just depends on your situation and how quick the house will go.

Pain in the bum trying to sort it all out though!

Pott.
Old May 13th 2003, 4:43 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

It is very difficult to judge how long a house will take to sell in today's market. Our house has been on for 4 months and we received our visas a week after putting the house on the market. We put it on the market a week after our medicals. The wait for the house is getting rather frustrating to say the least but it is difficult to predict the market. The day will come in good time.

Dawn
Old May 13th 2003, 4:45 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

We put our house on the market once we had visa's. Wish we had done it earlier though, still waiting to sell and market seems to have slowed right down. I would happily have moved into rental and had the money in the bank.

Steph
Old May 13th 2003, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

sending hubbys application (spouse visa tommorrow) and put house on market sunday just gone. Houses selling slowly so we thought do it now as there should be no probs getting visa and it should be with us within 28 days +.

Cheers
BooBoo
Old May 13th 2003, 5:39 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I wish we'd put ours on sooner!
No visa's as yet, but now we have made such a huge decision to go to Oz, staying here would be really crap! So we are going to move whatever......................
Old May 13th 2003, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

our house has been on the market for the last 3 weeks. We sent our visa application early april. But then we have got a place to go and stay rent free.

Cheers

karen
Old May 13th 2003, 6:08 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Had to put ours up for sale a while back (2 years) as there were a few legal issues and we knew it would be hard to sell. But seeing as the UK housing market is collapsing ars* over tit in London and the South, glad we did!

Cheers - Don
Old May 13th 2003, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

we are waiting till the end of July which is a month after all our meds have to be in Oz by. Not sure how long it will take after that to get visa's but we are hoping if all things go well to go to the Sunshine Coast in Feb next year. We will move in with the mother in law until then and store our stuff only £16 to store.

The market here in Scotland is fast where we are depending on the property, people asking to pay cash for your house/flat.

We want to wait or hubby wants to wait to get thing perfect like a show home before he lets the valuers in.
Old May 13th 2003, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

We are thinking of putting ours on the market in the next couple of weeks and we haven't even lodged our visa application.Still waiting for skills assessment to come back
Hubby has been looking at buying a caravan!

He thinks that if we sell we can possibly live in a caravan for a few months and save ourself a bit of money.
I,m not too sure about this idea and I don't think my parents would be very happy having us camping on their drive.
What would the neighbours say!

Diane

Thanks
Mandy
Old May 13th 2003, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Not till we got the visa, too big a risk...
Mash

Thanks
Mandy
Old May 13th 2003, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

After it seems really likely that visa will come - however, will not exchange until visa in my paw !

Having said that I have decided that I am leaving the Uk for sure, but if I dont get into Oz I need to decide where else I will go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.