Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What are people wearing in Oz? Labels etc?

What are people wearing in Oz? Labels etc?

Old Jan 27th 2006, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What are people wearing in Oz? Labels etc?

Hiya

just packing my wardrobe to go to Oz, and i noticed the stuff that i wear, Ben Sherman, Sonnetti, Lambretta, French Connection UK, Firetrap (and no, i am not a chav!) and i was wondering what is considered trendy casual wear in Oz, or what labels etc. do people wear ?

>dons his flame proof suit<

many thanx
Old Jan 27th 2006, 11:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are people wearing in Oz? Labels etc?

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
Hiya

just packing my wardrobe to go to Oz, and i noticed the stuff that i wear, Ben Sherman, Sonnetti, Lambretta, French Connection UK, Firetrap (and no, i am not a chav!) and i was wondering what is considered trendy casual wear in Oz, or what labels etc. do people wear ?

many thanx
Well I don't know about other people, but I wear clothes. Most of them have labels in them but I can't tell you what they say, they tend to be inside the neck

Who made your flame proof suit

Some people wear rubbish, some people work in offices and wear smart stuff. Most people look comfortable to me but I don't know about other states. I believe lots of people wear Uggs in Melbourne
Old Jan 27th 2006, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Well I don't know about other people, but I wear clothes. Most of them have labels in them but I can't tell you what they say, they tend to be inside the neck

Who made your flame proof suit

Some people wear rubbish, some people work in offices and wear smart stuff. Most people look comfortable to me but I don't know about other states. I believe lots of people wear Uggs in Melbourne
ok i hear you

there is that outstanding ozzie humour again

so, as i asked, what are people wearing ?
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:03 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

ok i hear you

there is that outstanding ozzie humour again

so, as i asked, what are people wearing ?
boardies singlets and thongs
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

many thanx

You would be surprised at how little so called "Labeled" clothes you see out here especially with mens fashion where it seems to be the scruffier you are is considered a label. One of my businesses is retail fashion and the women are far ahead of the men so I would not worry about labels as you could walk around anywhere wearing all your labeled stuff and no one would raise a look, lit alone even recognise a so called famous label. This said it is not the same for the corporate areas of Sydney and Melbourne where you will find a more fashion savvy customer walks the streets.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:08 pm
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Hiya

many thanx
There are a few Ben Sherman shops in Sydney. I've seen loads of French Connection stores (they seemed cheaper). Both, plus Fred Perry are sold in the Grace Brothers dept store, and more trendy stores. Not seen Lambretta (and I was looking). All are acceptably trendy IMHO.

Quicksilver appears to be widely acceptable, and if you really want to upset the locals, remind them they are seen as a French company.

I thought it was Burberry, Kickers and Londsdale that were the chav brands!
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
boardies singlets and thongs

you can dispense with the thong and singlet in most places and still be considered a reasonably smart chap
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:20 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
you can dispense with the thong and singlet in most places and still be considered a reasonably smart chap
lol what if i am carrying my 9ft malibu custard point
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
lol what if i am carrying my 9ft malibu custard point
That is fine as long as the custard has skin on it. :scared:
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:36 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
That is fine as long as the custard has skin on it. :scared:
Whats the difference a bit more tlc?!!

Donna.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:37 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: What are people wearing in Oz? Labels etc?

Hiya

many thanx
We go naked.

You'll soon get used to it.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of

Don't be wearing Lonsdale in the Netherlands if I were you.

Originally Posted by adriang
There are a few Ben Sherman shops in Sydney. I've seen loads of French Connection stores (they seemed cheaper). Both, plus Fred Perry are sold in the Grace Brothers dept store, and more trendy stores. Not seen Lambretta (and I was looking). All are acceptably trendy IMHO.

Quicksilver appears to be widely acceptable, and if you really want to upset the locals, remind them they are seen as a French company.

I thought it was Burberry, Kickers and Londsdale that were the chav brands!
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

S J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant future

Hiya

many thanx
Suppose it would really depend on which part of Australia you are headed for. I would imagine the more cosmopolitan areas of the bigger cities would be where you would wear the "labels"?????
However we live in QLD (not in the city) - I do not think I have worn long pants or long sleeves for about 8 weeks solid!! Many people go shopping etc with no shoes here and no-one would bother giving you a second glance. The kids tend to find the surfy wear trendy - Billabong etc but apart from that I have not a clue and to be honest I dress to be comfortable especially in the heat and couldnot give a stuff what anyone else thinks!!
S
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Whats a singlet
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

S J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant future
Talking Re: What are people wearing in Oz? Labels etc?

Originally Posted by hilary6
Whats a singlet
Not sure if you are joking or not??

A singlet is a sleeveless shirt - also known as a muscle shirt in these parts!! Or a vest I suppose - just with no holes in!!!!!!

SJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.