Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to pack when you migrate? (before removals arrive..)

What to pack when you migrate? (before removals arrive..)

Old Mar 6th 2003, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to pack when you migrate? (before removals arrive..)

Just asking for a bit of advice, or your thoughts, can anyone tell me what they packed with them when they migrated prior to all of their household goods arriving by ship (months later!) Also any ideas what the allowance is with the airlines for migrants?

Thanks!

Jamesy
Old Mar 6th 2003, 8:33 pm
shellypuss

Default Re: What to pack when you migrate? (before removals arrive..)

The luggage allowance is normally doubled if you supply the travel agents with photocopies of your visas, and you must not have already made a validation trip.

With packing, we have been gathering everything together that we use on a daily basis including clothes, linen etc and the rest is going with the shippers. Its a hard one really, everyone is different but with double allowance at least you can squeeze more in.

Shelly

Originally posted by Jamesy
Just asking for a bit of advice, or your thoughts, can anyone tell me what they packed with them when they migrated prior to all of their household goods arriving by ship (months later!) Also any ideas what the allowance is with the airlines for migrants?

Thanks!

Jamesy

Old Mar 6th 2003, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What to pack when you migrate? (before removals arrive..)

I've started a list of what I reckon I'll buy on arrival, that either I've shipped or thrown away.

Some stuff like kids clothes they'll have grown out of if I ship it so, poor loves, they are gradually running out of clothes as I'm not buying anything new. I'll go on a huge shopping spree on arrival!!

Mash...

Originally posted by shellypuss
The luggage allowance is normally doubled if you supply the travel agents with photocopies of your visas, and you must not have already made a validation trip.

With packing, we have been gathering everything together that we use on a daily basis including clothes, linen etc and the rest is going with the shippers. Its a hard one really, everyone is different but with double allowance at least you can squeeze more in.

Shelly