Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what P***es me off !

what P***es me off !

Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:33 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation what P***es me off !

What really annoys me and im sure im gonna get flak from this but shit or bust as the man says...

PPl moving to oz on the premise, aint been there , aint seen it apart from some bloody documentary, have no real interest in the culture and ppl... and get there bloody visa in 3 minutes flat

then show off to all unsundry whingin that the waiting game is over all 22 days of it ffs

then when pushed as to their intentions they have the f*****g gall and bone faced cheek to retort , if we dont like it we'll just come back here ...

do these ppl realise the sheer toil and expense and commitment a gr8 proportion of us put into this damn process...

if you are a self centred plonka never been and fancy a change do me a favour and try GUATAMALA..... please

some genuine ppl, who treat this more than an extended holiday really need these daft visa application numbers depleted....

every 4 mins a new imigrant takes up a new life in oz, if we disuaded half of the plonkas from immigrating in the first place ...maybe just maybe the processing times would be shortened and resources extended to BONA FIDE applicants..

CONTENTIOUS i know

whats your thoughts ???

Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Gulp!

I refer my honourable co-poster to my earlier post in reply to "Are we mad?"....!

In my defence - whilst I have not been fortunate enough to visit Australia - I have done (and continue to do) an awful lot of research and don't feel I am going into this unprepared.

I am only part way through my long, long wait - but have already had plenty of time and opportunity to reflect on what I am doing.

I doubt that the recent spate of documentaries on TV have done much to support the theory that it is easy to up sticks and move x thousand miles to a new job(or no job)/home/country/culture.

(Sit down and wait for the proverbial to hit the fan).
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:43 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Timberfloor,

I may regret asking but has anyone in particular got up your nose or are you making a general point?

I'm just wondering what kind of visa you're thinking of that comes through that quickly? Mostly the really quick ones I've heard of have been spouse visas, which is a somewhat different situation to the one you describe.

I guess the only view I can offer is that if someone meets the criteria for a visa and is prepared to try it out, who am I to judge if they'll make a go of it?

You never really know until you're there....

Elaine
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Olive101
Gulp!

I refer my honourable co-poster to my earlier post in reply to "Are we mad?"....!

In my defence - whilst I have not been fortunate enough to visit Australia - I have done (and continue to do) an awful lot of research and don't feel I am going into this unprepared.

I am only part way through my long, long wait - but have already had plenty of time and opportunity to reflect on what I am doing.

I doubt that the recent spate of documentaries on TV have done much to support the theory that it is easy to up sticks and move x thousand miles to a new job(or no job)/home/country/culture.

(Sit down and wait for the proverbial to hit the fan).
hey Olive101,

what kind of visa comes through in 22 days, Ive just applied for STNI which I believe takes up to 4 months if not sooner, but I can wait I suppose.

Andy
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:51 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Elaine M
Hi Timberfloor,

I may regret asking but has anyone in particular got up your nose or are you making a general point?

I'm just wondering what kind of visa you're thinking of that comes through that quickly? Mostly the really quick ones I've heard of have been spouse visas, which is a somewhat different situation to the one you describe.

I guess the only view I can offer is that if someone meets the criteria for a visa and is prepared to try it out, who am I to judge if they'll make a go of it?

You never really know until you're there....

Elaine

good onya elaine,

my view on forums is to tempt ppl into making the effort into comenting on posts.

Regards getting up my nose, well truth beknown yes a few have, and regards , olives comment, the tv docu has done little to increase the masses making an effort to become expats is completely tosh...

any exposure will have an effect positive or negative and to be honest these wallys on this series in generaL are NUTS in my view...

my overall point is, why look into something as if it was secondary,temporary,trivial or otherwise...

old saying if ya gonna be a bear be a grizzly !!!

some of these eegits are teddybears in picnic clothes !

APOLOGIES FOR MY FORTH RIGHTNESS BUT ALAS SITTING ON THE FENCE LEADS ONLY TO SPLINTAS UP ONES ASS !!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by andy thomas
hey Olive101,

what kind of visa comes through in 22 days, Ive just applied for STNI which I believe takes up to 4 months if not sooner, but I can wait I suppose.

Andy
I think that if your occupation is seriously in demand at any one defined point int time (e.g. nurses at the mo.) then you can fast-track your way in.

I have applied under the Skilled Independent class and will have to wait 50 weeks or so from the date my application was received (last October).

Still - gives me time to put my feet up and watch lots of documentaries on the joys of emigrating...
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
good onya elaine,

my view on forums is to tempt ppl into making the effort into comenting on posts.

Regards getting up my nose, well truth beknown yes a few have, and regards , olives comment, the tv docu has done little to increase the masses making an effort to become expats is completely tosh...

any exposure will have an effect positive or negative and to be honest these wallys on this series in generaL are NUTS in my view...

my overall point is, why look into something as if it was secondary,temporary,trivial or otherwise...

old saying if ya gonna be a bear be a grizzly !!!

some of these eegits are teddybears in picnic clothes !

APOLOGIES FOR MY FORTH RIGHTNESS BUT ALAS SITTING ON THE FENCE LEADS ONLY TO SPLINTAS UP ONES ASS !!

I understand the point you make. But I have found the application process to be a real marathon not a sprint to the finish.

The initial research, skills assessment, (more) research, collating, copying, certifying, form filling, checking and double-checking etc etc to the current wait for any news - it is really draining.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone who is half-hearted or flippant about their intentions to emigrate to the other side of the world and all that it involves, would be themselves through this ordeal.

At the very least the wait would kill them off!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:13 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Timberfloor,

Ok, I've got it - you want to set the record for getting to 100 posts the fastest ever!

I personally will definitely be putting "all my eggs in one basket" when I go to Aus ie selling my house etc.

Previous threads have highlighted that a lot of folk think that's one way to make sure you feel committed to making a go of it; however people have different attitudes to risk and it would be too big a risk for some.

I understand your frustration at people who appear to make snap decisions, get visas quickly and drop everything to head off on the spur of the moment, when some of us have been planning the move for years (me included).

However all is often not what it seems as we've found out on this forum when some of the families featured in these documentaries have posted their stories here.

Just my thoughts...

Elaine
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:14 pm
Banned

Olive ,

you to me are the essence of this thread,

somone who has looked, researched and attempted the migration route thru a classification that best suits the applicant.

I have applied under same criteria, and whilst i concur with your comments, it must be said and there are figures to prove this , a good proportion of emigrants do so on the , fall back, feature..

ie . goes pear shaped, spider seen three times in a row, milkman iggys me, kids cant watch the bill etc just hoist up their damn cases and march bac off to the uk..

life is an evolving series of challenges, if at the first challenge you see nothing but challenges ahead >> run ..lifes a bitch wherever u r, cope with it deal with it learn from it ......
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

kids cant watch the bill etc
What?! You can't get The Bill over there?

Good grief.

All research now useless....!

(A distinct lack of The Bill sounds like another good reason to emigrate there!!)
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

NJFOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Timber,

what's it like to be perfect? people come and go for many reasons, some for fun some for more serious reasons - life is personal and each to their own, don't get stressed about things beyond your own control.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:21 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

...spider seen three times in a row, milkman iggys me, kids cant watch the bill...
...too many bloody, annoying ozzies...
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:22 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Elaine M
Timberfloor,

Ok, I've got it - you want to set the record for getting to 100 posts the fastest ever!

I personally will definitely be putting "all my eggs in one basket" when I go to Aus ie selling my house etc.

Previous threads have highlighted that a lot of folk think that's one way to make sure you feel committed to making a go of it; however people have different attitudes to risk and it would be too big a risk for some.

I understand your frustration at people who appear to make snap decisions, get visas quickly and drop everything to head off on the spur of the moment, when some of us have been planning the move for years (me included).

However all is often not what it seems as we've found out on this forum when some of the families featured in these documentaries have posted their stories here.

Just my thoughts...

Elaine
LOW blow elaine, but ill take it on the chin,

regards posts, collectively on all forums i have ever been party too, i have made contributions and comments hitting possibly 200,000 hits..trust me on that...

regarding your other comments..

i totaly agree with the philosophy, all is not what it seems, and id also concur that a lot of threads touch on this issue, but lets be honest there are a proportion of applicants, percentage of which from uk and not fast tracked in from south africa !! fact

that treat the whole process as nothing more than an interview. if it comes off so be it, if not sod em..... thats also true,,, and thats the part that really annoys me and is the bit i wanted to spurn in the thread,

be happy and opinionated than sad and oppressed !
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:23 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Olive101
What?! You can't get The Bill over there?

Good grief.

All research now useless....!

(A distinct lack of The Bill sounds like another good reason to emigrate there!!)

pmsl olive actualy i think u can get the bill oops bad choice
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:25 pm
Banned

Originally posted by NJFOZ
Timber,

what's it like to be perfect? people come and go for many reasons, some for fun some for more serious reasons - life is personal and each to their own, don't get stressed about things beyond your own control.

WHOS STRESSED M8 , NOT ME...

And your reference to perfection, can you be more precise, or arya just a comment maker and not a serious debater ???

have a beer chill, im happy join me we can be happy and still share opinions and learn !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.