Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what one essential item should you take with you in your suitcase when emigrating?

Wikiposts

what one essential item should you take with you in your suitcase when emigrating?

Old Jan 21st 2004, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice

I'm getting the same! What's the maximum dosage to take at any one time do you know? I took 2 x 5mg last time which wore off a bit too quick for my liking!

Originally posted by shedu
I'll second that thought any day. Fortunately I have a really good GP who is prescribing some Valium for the flight.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 10:48 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Phone book of addresses and contact numbers!

All those Aus details you spent ages researching and the UK one you forgot to get sorted! And obviously the rellies to phone and cards to send.

Cheers
Old Jan 21st 2004, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

shedu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by remmie1
I'm getting the same! What's the maximum dosage to take at any one time do you know? I took 2 x 5mg last time which wore off a bit too quick for my liking!

Really depends whether you have taken them before etc.

I would suggest 5mg an hour before you fly and another 5mg on take off. That is my plan oh and another as we get off the one plane on the stopover before getting on the next. Hope that makes sense.

Have a chat with your GP and just check there are no adverse effects with any other meds you are taking.

Last edited by shedu; Jan 21st 2004 at 10:53 am.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 10:58 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what one essential item should you take with you in your suitcase when emigrating?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by debsvirgo
Originally posted by jorobhandm
What is the best thing to take with you when moving to Australia.

I'm putting me wedding album in me hand luggage - too hard to replace.

mind you its been up the loft for the since dec 1994.!!!

and me lap top will be on the plane with me so we can get in here when we find a phone line!!!

suppose better think about takin mr timber & kids as well - mind you might ship them!!!

Id gladly follow u to the ends of the earth my little VELOCIRAPTOR
Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:02 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

debs
Attached Thumbnails what one essential item should you take with you in your suitcase when emigrating?-debs.jpg  
Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

I'm taking a sense of humour cos I reckon that will be more useful than anything else.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice

Thanks for that. Will chat to GP though, I want the MAXIMUM dosage at all times!

Originally posted by shedu
Really depends whether you have taken them before etc.

I would suggest 5mg an hour before you fly and another 5mg on take off. That is my plan oh and another as we get off the one plane on the stopover before getting on the next. Hope that makes sense.

Have a chat with your GP and just check there are no adverse effects with any other meds you are taking.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:35 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: what one essential item should you take with you in your suitcase when emigrating?

I'm taking my hair clippers so that my wife can cut my hair in readiness for my job interviews.

Any other essentials?
An open return ticket !!!!

lol only joking.....
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Banksia
A child's prayer.
The 8 year old wrote 'Quantas' also? (with apologies, couldn't resist)

OzTennis
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:37 pm
dazuk

I'm taking my hair clippers so that my wife can cut my hair in readiness for my job interviews.

Any other essentials?
Your return ticket, passport and a wad of pounds sterling!!!!

Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:38 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dazuk
Your return ticket, passport and a wad of pounds sterling!!!!

We think alike eh!!!!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:40 pm
dazuk

Originally posted by janeyray
We think alike eh!!!!
LOL I just noticed u beat me 2 it!!! Thatll teach me to answer a thread without checking other answers beforehand!!

Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by remmie1
Thanks for that. Will chat to GP though, I want the MAXIMUM dosage at all times!
Try taking it for a few days before you go.
Diazepam (valium) has a long half life and takes several hours to reach therapeutic levels in your body.
It also takes a while to clear the system so be careful with driving,alcohol etc.

G
Old Jan 21st 2004, 10:07 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Dagboy, oh hold on, Id want him in the plane with me .. umm what about the little Dagboys? Could do without them in the cabin with me
Old Jan 21st 2004, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thread going awry again - sorry I need all the help I can get!

Grayling

Does this work well? Do you take every 4/6 hours in the days before? I have no other meds by the way and I am going to see GP v. soon. Just want to make sure he gives me plenty to allow me to take some before I go. He gave me just enough for the flights last time. I hate taking tablets of any kind but these feel like my lifeline.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Grayling
Try taking it for a few days before you go.
Diazepam (valium) has a long half life and takes several hours to reach therapeutic levels in your body.
It also takes a while to clear the system so be careful with driving,alcohol etc.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.