Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What was number one the day you were born???

What was number one the day you were born???

Old May 18th 2005, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What was number one the day you were born???

Originally Posted by Simone
Btw, I know the Who

Did they have an album that was either purple, or was called purple something?
Or am I now confusing 2 things?
No they didn't. I think you're possibly confusing them with yer man Hendrix (Purple Haze) or possibly even pop midget Prince (Purple Rain).
Old May 18th 2005, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Simone,

Do you remember a punk song called "Eton Rifles" ?

And didn't the Jam also do "Town called mallice ?"
Yes they did. An old Aussie friend of mine was a big fan of them in the late 70s-early 80s when they had all their hits; though whether they were big in Aus at the time, I've no idea.
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
It was by the For ****s Sake band

The song went by two names:

What relevance does this have to Australia ???

And...

What the **** has this thread got to do with Australia ???

There you go.

I bet you can even remember where you were when you heard it first.
Oh yes, oh yes.....it was about the same time as Tricycle and the Three Legs released "Perth is looking forward to your humour".
....but that one sunk into oblivion
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
No they didn't. I think you're possibly confusing them with yer man Hendrix (Purple Haze) or possibly even pop midget Prince (Purple Rain).
No....
So the LP cover wasn't purple?
Argh!

Bix, no, never listened to punk. Other old stuff I know because my parents listened to it, or rock because Pascal and his band played the stuff(Bob Dylan, Velvet Underground etc etc etc), listened to it.
Old May 18th 2005, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll find it's a smash hit in Albania along with all the Norman Wisdom films...

You know nothings.

Originally Posted by Bix
Oh yes, oh yes.....it was about the same time as Tricycle and the Three Legs released "Perth is looking forward to your humour".
....but that one sunk into oblivion
Old May 18th 2005, 2:17 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Okay....mine was one we all know very well........Secret Love by Doris Day

Or in the USA charts....Wanted by Perry Como

Think there's a conflict of interest there somewhere
Old May 18th 2005, 2:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You'll find it's a smash hit in Albania along with all the Norman Wisdom films...

You know nothings.

I see Mr Cheerful is back
Old May 18th 2005, 2:21 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Tis okay Polly.....I got more than enough to go round

Three Legs is okay.... he just trips over himself sometimes
Old May 18th 2005, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

I see you're in the bedroom again...

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Old May 18th 2005, 2:22 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

You know nothings.

Sorry to say this but whats up? Every post of yours I have read recently seems either petty or humourless..... or at the expense of others... is there something we should know or is this just you?

Old May 18th 2005, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Simone
No....
So the LP cover wasn't purple?
Argh!

Bix, no, never listened to punk. Other old stuff I know because my parents listened to it, or rock because Pascal and his band played the stuff(Bob Dylan, Velvet Underground etc etc etc), listened to it.
Off the top of my head I can't remember any Who albums having a purple cover, though it's been a while since I've listened to them so I could be wrong. Certainly none have purple in the title.
Old May 18th 2005, 2:35 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Off the top of my head I can't remember any Who albums having a purple cover, though it's been a while since I've listened to them so I could be wrong. Certainly none have purple in the title.
In support of Simone I must just say they did do one called Blue, Red & Grey.....and if you mix them in the right proportion you get purple
Old May 18th 2005, 2:36 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

"Shed some weight yer fat bitch and lose the beads...****ing Gypo"

I think the humour is termed "Warped"
Well I am sorry but I really don't see it...... warped or not you have to understand that some of the stuff you say can be quite offensive......... For example, the quote above.....
Old May 18th 2005, 2:38 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Jayne - The Number 1 single was:
Zager & Evans - "In The Year 2525 (Exordium And Terminus)" Who the hell????

Andy - The Number 1 single was:
The Kinks - "Tired Of Waiting For You"

Jack - The Number 1 single was:
No Doubt - "Don't Speak

Henry & Tom - The Number 1 single was:
Teletubbies - "Teletubbies Say 'Eh-Oh'" Explains alot!!!!

Jayne
Old May 18th 2005, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

Apologies offered if offended.

Three Legs

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Well I am sorry but I really don't see it...... warped or not you have to understand that some of the stuff you say can be quite offensive......... For example, the quote above.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.