Wikiposts

What now?

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 9:56 pm
experienced member

Lordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud of
Red face What now?

Well I've had the good news that my skills assessment has been accepted and now I have 115 points! I haven't got £40,000 to spare to obtain the further 5 points - so i'm a bit at a crossroads now as to which Visa option to go for.

If I go for the sponsored Skilled (STNI) Visa - I'm going to be stuck in a region away from where all my mates will be (they're in Brisbane) But at least I'll be going to Oz and able to work.

Or should I wait until July and see what the Skilled independant Regional has in store????????

I don't know what to do - any advice anyone please?

Jamie
:scared:
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What now?

Originally posted by Lordhorrace
Well I've had the good news that my skills assessment has been accepted and now I have 115 points! I haven't got £40,000 to spare to obtain the further 5 points - so i'm a bit at a crossroads now as to which Visa option to go for.

If I go for the sponsored Skilled (STNI) Visa - I'm going to be stuck in a region away from where all my mates will be (they're in Brisbane) But at least I'll be going to Oz and able to work.

Or should I wait until July and see what the Skilled independant Regional has in store????????

I don't know what to do - any advice anyone please?

Jamie
:scared:
hi jamie
we will be in the same position as you if we get a positive result back for tra (not sent yet) we will only have 115 points and we dont want to put up any money in front. you might as well wait till july and wait for the new visa to come out there will be more info about it then you can decide which is best for you plus its not long to wait now you have waited so long for your assesment im sure a few more weeks wont hurt

debs xxxx
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 10:34 pm
experienced member

Lordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud of

Thanks Debs! - Yeah its typical bad luck - just as I was waiting for my ACS Assessment to come back, Amanda Vanstone in the meantime increases the points system!! oh well!

Yeah you're right though - wait until July - Then we'll know more about it!! I will wait then - as you say its not long in the scheme of things!

Cheers Jamie x
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

jerzy is an unknown quantity at this point

We were facing a similar problem last year until we discovered my wife had some obscure skill which was on the MODL and gave us the extra 5 points.

Had we not got these we were going to go state sponsored regardless then after a while hope to move to Sydney (where our friends all live).
My friend has just left for Brisbane and I'm sure he was state sponsored, he's a pharmacist, not 100% sure though.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by jerzy
We were facing a similar problem last year until we discovered my wife had some obscure skill which was on the MODL and gave us the extra 5 points.

Had we not got these we were going to go state sponsored regardless then after a while hope to move to Sydney (where our friends all live).
My friend has just left for Brisbane and I'm sure he was state sponsored, he's a pharmacist, not 100% sure though.
hi there the only states who are doing stni sponsored are south australia, victoria and tasmania. i do know that victoria require qualifications for most of their demands list where as sa and tas dont. hope this helps
debs xxxx
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 10:53 pm
experienced member

Ah! Right I didn't realise that there were further restrictions!! Good Grief Penfold!!!!!!

DO you think that they would be really strict and monitor my exact movements once i'm there??
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah! Right I didn't realise that there were further restrictions!! Good Grief Penfold!!!!!!

DO you think that they would be really strict and monitor my exact movements once i'm there??
i cant 100% on that but i do know that you have to give them your address and have to fill out some forms now and then so i would of thought the answer is yes plus if you did move out of state they could take your visa back so its not worth it in the end.
all i know is that you dont have to do the job you were assest in so apart from that i cant help you but im sure someone will know more about it

debs xxxx
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 11:44 pm
experienced member

Okay dokay!! Thanks again for that Debs! We'll get there in the end!

So what stage are you at now? - Have you sent your assessment off yet?

All the best!!

Jamie x
Old Jun 4th 2004, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Okay dokay!! Thanks again for that Debs! We'll get there in the end!

So what stage are you at now? - Have you sent your assessment off yet?

All the best!!

Jamie x
hi jamie no not sent of yet nearly there tho just need a few more references of suppliers then thats it should be able to send it back of next week

debs xxxx
Old Jun 4th 2004, 6:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Even for SA and Tasmania STNI, you still need a skill assessment to satisfy DIMIA requirements.

As far as I'm aware, Victoria will accept you as qualified if you have a TRA or ACS skill assessment in lieu of formal qualifications. But you would have to ask to be sure.

Jeremy

Originally posted by xxdebsonlinexx
hi there the only states who are doing stni sponsored are south australia, victoria and tasmania. i do know that victoria require qualifications for most of their demands list where as sa and tas dont. hope this helps
debs xxxx
Old Jun 7th 2004, 9:40 am
Tasmanian Devils

Chris Bailey is an unknown quantity at this point

You're right, We are STNI Tasmania. we had to go through the full immigration process of TRA, medicals/police etc. plus all the forms from the Tassie Government, luckily Tasmania was the state that we actually wanted to live in so we arent faced with the dilemma of having to stay there for 2 years then moving on.

But, you always have the option after 2 years to move to another state if you wish to, I personally would have moved to a different state if it had got me to Oz. Im sure after putting up with England you could manage to live in a different state to your 1st choice if it came down to it.

As you say in July it could be a whole new ball game for you

Cheers Christine