Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What Not to wear?

What Not to wear?

Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice
Default What Not to wear?

Hi
Just looking for an idea of what to bother bringing? We should be heading for Brissy in Jan,so I know it's going to be mad hot. But I just wondered what to expect in the winter there? I have read you do get frost, but should I bother bringing the kids winter coats & stuff, or is it not worth it?
Just a thought, Oh, and someone please tell me,that as an office worker,can I finally ditch the bloody tights?
Any thought welcome
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What Not to wear?

Originally Posted by woogle
Hi
Just looking for an idea of what to bother bringing? We should be heading for Brissy in Jan,so I know it's going to be mad hot. But I just wondered what to expect in the winter there? I have read you do get frost, but should I bother bringing the kids winter coats & stuff, or is it not worth it?
Just a thought, Oh, and someone please tell me,that as an office worker,can I finally ditch the bloody tights?
Any thought welcome

I would recomend that you bring anything you have room for because even though you might not think that the winters get that cold, you soon climatise and feel the cold after it being so hot in Summer. When we came over to Brisbane in September this year it was still classed as winter and a young family member we know was wearing hat, gloves, scarf and a jacket, one night when we had a BBQ.
I've still been wearing jumpers and cardies on a night time as it gets a little chilly and they keep the Mozzies from eating you alive
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:50 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Any thought welcome

being used to central heating you will find winter really cold without it..... there will be the need to snuggle up with layers.....

boomie
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and someone please tell me,that as an office worker,can I finally ditch the bloody tights?

Afraid not - you'll be glad of them in winter when for some reason they still keep the air conditioning on in the offices!
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of offices here are freezing, and lots also expect quite smart dress, so you'll need your tights.
As for the winter woolies, certainly bring them - gets quite nippy in Brisbane in winter overnight. We had a few nights of 6 degrees this winter......
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:58 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

But please please dont bring ug boots!!

Nothing makes me laugh more than watching bimbos sweating around the malls in 20+ degrees advertising their fashion victim status.. geez i wouldnt want to be in the room when they take them off!! :scared: overkill springs to mind
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:59 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
But please please dont bring ug boots!!

Nothing makes me laugh more than watching bimbos sweating around the malls in 20+ degrees advertising their fashion victim status.. geez i wouldnt want to be in the room when they take them off!! :scared: overkill springs to mind
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:20 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Any thought welcome

Hi,
We came over in Jan & were sweltering! laughed at anyone who even asked if we'd brought jumpers!! but come june.july,lovely & warm from 7am till 4pm ish then the temp dropped quickly & i ate my words
Bring a mixture,more summer & a few snug wintery items too tights,?yes i would, though more effect than need!depends what your comfortable with?
Offices have air con blowing to the max,so you feel cold after a while then you walk outside & the heat smacks you in the face kinda thing !!

Donna.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

[QUOTE=Linda Lushardi]But please please dont bring ug boots!!

Give us a clue,what are ug boots? Sure I don't have any of those!

Looks like woolies,coats & tights all coming!
Might need a bigger container now
Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:52 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Any thought welcome
You'll need your woolies for holidays back here too
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:05 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me - i'm a nurse and will shortly be going for interviews (hopefully!) in Brisbane after we arrive on the 5th November - in Scotland i'd usually wear my 'Oasis' black pinstripe suit (jacket and trousers) and I have shipped it over - BUT! - what do people wear generally to interviews when it is so hot as we will be arriving in summer!? - do they wear a light coloured suit as a pose to a black suit?! do people wear the suit jacket?! I'm just picturing me fainting in some poor persons office!

Any advice very welcome - will try and send karma!

Lynn
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Ug Boots.....

Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Winter does get cold in the evenings as others have said, but we did not wear a coat really, just jumpers. My daughter didn't wear a jumper at all, everyone else at school had their woollies on and there she was in her t-shirt. We bought her a lighter weight coat ready, but it is still in the wardrobe unworn.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Can anyone tell me - i'm a nurse and will shortly be going for interviews (hopefully!) in Brisbane after we arrive on the 5th November - in Scotland i'd usually wear my 'Oasis' black pinstripe suit (jacket and trousers) and I have shipped it over - BUT! - what do people wear generally to interviews when it is so hot as we will be arriving in summer!? - do they wear a light coloured suit as a pose to a black suit?! do people wear the suit jacket?! I'm just picturing me fainting in some poor persons office!

Any advice very welcome - will try and send karma!

Lynn
Personally I would recommend the pinstripe suit, with the jacket. Remember that once you get inside the buidling it will be air conditioned, so even if you carry the jacket while outside, you will feel the need for it once you are inside!
Old Oct 28th 2005, 5:01 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hels
Ug Boots.....

Those ones are quite conservative. What about the mammoth hairy ones that make your legs look like they belong to a yeti? LOL :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.