Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what is it with the natives?

what is it with the natives?

Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:26 am
Banned

Fuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant future
Default what is it with the natives?

The Aussie blokes I mean. Why do they think it is cool do wear these big long ZZ top style beards scraggy as you like all over the place while the top of their head is as bald as a baby's bum?

They look like bloody idiot's.

I work with a few of these specimens and they are ok blokes but they just look weird.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice
Default Re: what is it with the natives?

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Duck
The Aussie blokes I mean. Why do they think it is cool do wear these big long ZZ top style beards scraggy as you like all over the place while the top of their head is as bald as a baby's bum?

I work with a few of these specimens and they are ok blokes but they just look weird.
Ick sounds horrible! Is this in a capital city???? Or are you in the outback?
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:28 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

suppose its for the same reason uk blokes do it.
its their 'thing', like being a goth or a rocker or a mod.

go with the flow mate........grow one yourself.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Its the "herding" instinct (or should that be flock?). Those with sheep brains feel they have to be seen as part of a flock.

Just like having to buy the "right" car, wear the "right" clothes.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:39 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
Its the "herding" instinct (or should that be flock?). Those with sheep brains feel they have to be seen as part of a flock.

Just like having to buy the "right" car, wear the "right" clothes.
It's that Aussie equivalent of the shaven headed pommie with the football shirt and the Burberry baseball hat. Get em everywhere.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:45 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

I too have noticed the bald heads and long scraggy beards, i have also noticed alot of MULLET haircuts :scared: not sure which is worse
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:46 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emzee
I too have noticed the bald heads and long scraggy beards, i have also noticed alot of MULLET haircuts :scared: not sure which is worse
Welcome to Australia. The land of the "buisness at the front, party at the back"
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like I'll fit right in!

The pic attached was taken a couple of months ago (I'm front centre) so I've had time to grow mine since then, I've got to about 2 inches below the chin at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails what is it with the natives?-fw_batters-2005.jpg  
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:48 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cadman
Sounds like I'll fit right in!

The pic attached was taken a couple of months ago (I'm front centre) so I've had time to grow mine since then, I've got to about 2 inches below the chin at the moment.
blimey...you look just like my other half!!!
Mal???? is that you!????

Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:50 am
(It's not my real name)

OK, this is me ( a few years ago)
Attached Images  
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
blimey...you look just like my other half!!!
Mal???? is that you!????

Check out my boss, front left, glasses. Biggest incompetent bullshitter I've ever met!
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

Another common Oz facial fungus is the long pair of sideburns shaved into bizzarre shapes, yuk
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by renth
OK, this is me ( a few years ago)
I seem to remember when that was your avatar and you denied it was you?
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:52 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Storini
These often seem to go with the long sideburns shaved into bizzarre shapes, yuk
Or the flavour saver "imperial" beard just under the top lip.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:53 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by cadman
I seem to remember when that was your avatar and you denied it was you?
I don't think I ever denied it was me. Apart from if I was trying to impress a female, then I'd deny it's me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.