Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what is my sister playing at

what is my sister playing at

Old Dec 17th 2004, 5:09 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default what is my sister playing at

As you might know my little ister came out here with me on a working holiday visa. All is goin good and then she gets a job down the local posh nosh place.

So she comes home the other day saying how the chef is really nice etc etc, a twinge of panic sets and I sudenly become her mother and start telling her that no men are good for you bla bla bla, so yesterday he texts her asking her to go for a drink, she was looking after the business for us as we had a day/night off so he came round and made beds and cleaned bathrooms with her (clearly the bloke is mad) I came home this morning and she is talking about this bloke and how they have arranged to meet 2 night, so as I type this she is in the garden chatting to this bloke having a beer. 2 worrying things, firstly I cant sleep because I have turned into my mum overnight and feel like I should make sure she is OK (she is 24), secondly, (yes I may be looking a bit too far into this blooming relationship) what if they fall for eachother???? she is gonna have to go through allo the crap that I and others who are on spouse visa's to live in either the Uk or Australia have had to go through.

Am I just some kinda of freak being over protective of my "adult" sister or have I been mentally scared by visa application forms forever??? :scared:
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:30 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what is my sister playing at

oh chill out for god's sake!!! he sounds like an ok guy...after all he did the bloody housework with her!!! What more can you ask for?? Apart form anything else she's 24 ff's sake!! Relax........she's a big girl now and can look after herself!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Am I just some kinda of freak being over protective of my "adult" sister or have I been mentally scared by visa application forms forever??? :scared:
You will always worry about your family but hey she is 24 and responsible for herself, let her have some fun and just be there if it goes wrong, that makes you a great sister not her mum.
Enjoy her company,
cheers
Kaz
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:18 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Chill out Kala, I'm sure she knows what she's doing, at least you would expect so at 24 anyway. It's obviously early days so you've no idea what might come of it. She's on holiday, I'm sure she won't want her 'mum' nagging.

Have a large one and relax
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:26 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Ok,Kala "step back for fecks sake" let sis make her own mistakes,shes an adult & even though everybody might think she,s making the biggest mistook of her life,she has to learn for herself at the end of the day ,if it comes to it,bite yer tongue & be there for her whatever?

Thats wat big "sis" is for!!

Donna.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:30 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JayDeee
As you might know my little ister came out here with me on a working holiday visa. All is goin good and then she gets a job down the local posh nosh place.

So she comes home the other day saying how the chef is really nice etc etc, a twinge of panic sets and I sudenly become her mother and start telling her that no men are good for you bla bla bla, so yesterday he texts her asking her to go for a drink, she was looking after the business for us as we had a day/night off so he came round and made beds and cleaned bathrooms with her (clearly the bloke is mad) I came home this morning and she is talking about this bloke and how they have arranged to meet 2 night, so as I type this she is in the garden chatting to this bloke having a beer. 2 worrying things, firstly I cant sleep because I have turned into my mum overnight and feel like I should make sure she is OK (she is 24), secondly, (yes I may be looking a bit too far into this blooming relationship) what if they fall for eachother???? she is gonna have to go through allo the crap that I and others who are on spouse visa's to live in either the Uk or Australia have had to go through.

What if they fall for each other? Is it that bad?
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:48 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

He cooks and cleans.... thats more than most men do.

Besides all she may want to do is bonk him
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:50 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Make him iron too,ma hubby does

Donna.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:56 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren
And while everyone else gently skirts around the obvious ....
Old Dec 17th 2004, 10:14 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Siren
He cooks and cleans.... thats more than most men do.

Straight to the point Brian !!

Warren

Old Dec 17th 2004, 10:54 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be worrying a lot more about Crown Relocations and the present latitude & longitude of my sheets, Kaka!

Cripes, teenagers whinge about voting rights and being able to pick up cash for babies - I would have thought 24 is quite old enough to be responsible for one's own mistakes (should it turn out that way).

Milk the housework thing as long as you can, anyway <g>!
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
I'd be worrying a lot more about Crown Relocations and the present latitude & longitude of my sheets, Kaka!

Cripes, teenagers whinge about voting rights and being able to pick up cash for babies - I would have thought 24 is quite old enough to be responsible for one's own mistakes (should it turn out that way).

Milk the housework thing as long as you can, anyway <g>!

Why would the gifted AC Milan footballer be worried about crown relocations?
Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:57 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

lol lol lol Sorry, not very constructive!

Kala, I'm 22 and married, and (re)migrated here. And I'm doing ok

He sounds great, just like Pascal!

And you'll have your sister around!

I thought filling out the forms was fun!

Just get them to move in with each other asap, and start collecting 'evidence'
lol he he
Old Dec 18th 2004, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

i'd have a guy that does the housework any day...mind you, just to clean...

anyway - hows things in geraldton? settling in ok?

tanja
Old Dec 18th 2004, 8:07 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

ONLY 24?? I was married at 24! And still am over a hundred years later.

She's old enough, just let go. You never know, in many years' time, you may be recounting this story to their grandchildren ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.