Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What makes people give up UK life?

What makes people give up UK life?

Old Sep 12th 2009, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What makes people give up UK life?

Originally Posted by kporte
True, that never happens elsewhere...
Thanks for pointing that out. It had never occurred to me.................
Old Sep 12th 2009, 8:49 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
If it wasnt for the alcohol, the women here wouldnt breed.
If it wasn't for the alcohol the women here couldn't breed
Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Again based on meaningless stats? You can choose to believe the one that supports your viewpoint or be honest with yourself and take them all with a pinch of salt....
Believe nothing when it comes to stats,rest assured.Hence the comment i made regarding education stats that appeared in West Australian about a week or so ago, rating Australia at the bottom was more a comment on the futility of such info,being that the other poster had stats that showed Australia close to the top.
Happiness misinfo was spotted a month back...will keep such findings in future for moments like these
Old Sep 12th 2009, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willamos
'vastly better schools than the UK'.

Fools.
I'd like to see one of these posts - I'll take your word that they exist but in my 4 years on these boards, I've not read one post whch says that Australian schools are a lot better than those in the UK.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Believe nothing when it comes to stats,rest assured.Hence the comment i made regarding education stats that appeared in West Australian about a week or so ago, rating Australia at the bottom was more a comment on the futility of such info,being that the other poster had stats that showed Australia close to the top.
Happiness misinfo was spotted a month back...will keep such findings in future for moments like these
But you're twisting the facts. That article about Australia appearing at the bottom of an education league was about time spent on the core competencies of literacy and numeracy - nothing about attainment or outcomes.
In other words, Australians were not spending as much time on reading and maths as other OECD countries. If a country can have high literacy levels whilst spending little time on reading compared with other nations this would not contradict the stats in the HDI table at all.

I can wax lyrical forever and a day about the shoddiness of Australian education but your point doesn't advance the argument at all.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Grayling
If it wasn't for the alcohol the women here couldn't breed
Talking of alcohol, I'm just about to go and buy a couple of bottles of Champion Ale and Fursty Ferret.

(and pay $7 a bottle for the privilege)
Old Sep 12th 2009, 10:48 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Talking of alcohol, I'm just about to go and buy a couple of bottles of Champion Ale and Fursty Ferret.
I used to quite like Champion (Badger isn't it?).......not the same as draught though

Enjoy.....I'm drinking Coopers and Little creatures......best of a bad lot.

G
Old Sep 12th 2009, 10:54 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I used to quite like Champion (Badger isn't it?).......not the same as draught though

Enjoy.....I'm drinking Coopers and Little creatures......best of a bad lot.

G
G there is a brewery down here in Richmond, called Mountain Goat - a couple of Englanders at work swear its as close as they've found to English ales. Have you heard of it?

They open the brewery up as a bar on Wed & Fri nights - been a few times and the beer is certainly different although the one problem is that as usual it's served ice cold - needs a bit of standing time!
Old Sep 12th 2009, 10:58 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by bcworld
G there is a brewery down here in Richmond, called Mountain Goat - a couple of Englanders at work swear its as close as they've found to English ales. Have you heard of it?
Not heard of it.

I think there will be more micobreweries opening in time......if there is a market.

I remember when the US used to be a beer desert but it now has more choice than much of europe......most of that started in the North west in states like Washington and Oregon and has spread like wildfire.
I have visited a few breweries in Oregon where my brother lives.

unfortunately most of the Australian ones will be in the South where the climate is more amenable to proper beer.

G
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:01 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Not heard of it.
Here's an example:

http://goatbeer.com.au/the-beer/hightail-ale/

Dan Murphy do stock it nationally...give it a try.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:03 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by bcworld
Here's an example:

http://goatbeer.com.au/the-beer/hightail-ale/

Dan Murphy do stock it nationally...give it a try.
I will

If I can afford it.....remember...I've lost all my money on the horses
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:05 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

The UK!
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:07 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Darren-Debbie
The UK!
I would reserve judgement on that until you have lived in Clermont...if I were you
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:17 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

I would reserve judgement on that until you have lived in Clermont...if I were you
as i was posting that comment, the same thing was going through my mind
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:19 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Darren-Debbie
as i was posting that comment, the same thing was going through my mind

at least it will be an experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.