Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What made you "snap" and decide to emigrate

Wikiposts

What made you "snap" and decide to emigrate

Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:49 am
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What made you "snap" and decide to emigrate

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
"Snap" as in to stop thinking about it but to actually start the emigration process?

For me it was start of this year(first week in Jan), after a great xmas with the kids. After talking about it for months, one night the wife & I sat down turned off the telly(kids in bed) and actually talked about what we had got at this moment in our lives and where were we going, next the pen & paper came out and we listed all the positives/negatives in what we had and did the same for living somewhere like NZ.

Were we going to carry on thinking about it or do something?

The house went on the market the following week

Do others remember an actual defining moment/day/realisation to do something about it?

First week in Jan also - sitting on beach in Perth on New years day morning (2003)
Went out there to visit family and also after long discussions to decide whether we could see ourselves living there.
Beleive you me when you land back in Gatwick on a cold January afternoon you soon realise why you want to get out there.

Application in - house on market after Chrimbo and hopefully out there by this time nest year!!