Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What made you decide to emigrate?

Wikiposts

What made you decide to emigrate?

Old May 19th 2004, 5:01 am
Bite my shiny metal ass!

treefrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What made you decide to emigrate?

[i]
If we would have a boy we were going to call him Joshua.
I can't believe it - you must be psychic! I was thinking about 'Joshua' this very afternoon! Hubby's not too keen, though, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what he looks like!
Old May 19th 2004, 7:39 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by treefrog
Hi DD and thanks, we won't be going for a while, are planning on the beginning of January 05 at present. This is because I'm due to have our second sprog in the next few weeks and it'll be too young to travel, and also because my hubbie's mum has had cancer and we don't want to go until she is fully recovered. So we hope there are no nasty surprises between now and then!

I've been enjoying following this thread and seeing all the different viewpoints. Did you decide to go after all? If so, best of luck!

Hi treefrog

Yes, we are back on course but a long way to go yet!! We're probably looking at late '05 (seems ages away but I know it'll pass quickly - life has a way of speeding by). We're heading for Melbourne and we have relatives there.

Sounds like you've been through it recently with your mum-in-law, hope she's getting on ok. My dad has cancer, he's had it for about 6 years, the type of cancer that he has is a 'good' one for him to have in the respect that as he is 84 and it is slow moving and is not so aggressive as most others are. If he was a lot younger he wouldn;t be here now (hence the 'good'!).

I wish you all the best for the forthcoming weeks. Please keep us posted on how you're doing and don't forget to post some piccies so we can see Joshua (only teasing your husband!) looks like!!!

All the best

D D
Old May 20th 2004, 12:46 am
Bite my shiny metal ass!

treefrog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DollyDaydream
Hi treefrog

Yes, we are back on course but a long way to go yet!! We're probably looking at late '05 (seems ages away but I know it'll pass quickly - life has a way of speeding by). We're heading for Melbourne and we have relatives there.

Sounds like you've been through it recently with your mum-in-law, hope she's getting on ok. My dad has cancer, he's had it for about 6 years, the type of cancer that he has is a 'good' one for him to have in the respect that as he is 84 and it is slow moving and is not so aggressive as most others are. If he was a lot younger he wouldn;t be here now (hence the 'good'!).

I wish you all the best for the forthcoming weeks. Please keep us posted on how you're doing and don't forget to post some piccies so we can see Joshua (only teasing your husband!) looks like!!!

All the best

D D
Hi DD, great news that you haven't been put off going! We are heading for Melbourne too - hopefully early next year - so maybe we'll see you there! Don't worry about the time lag. We've been thinking about it for a couple of years, but last year my husband's father died quite suddenly of a rapid form of cancer after hardly being ill in his life before, his mum had to cope with widowhood, then she got ill too - with a curable cancer, thank goodness. She has faced her illness with courage and strength, I feel so impressed and proud of her. She's had a lot of treatment and is still facing further surgery, but she has kept her spirits up and is doing well. Thanks for asking! I hope your dad is coping well and is not too ill to enjoy life.

Thanks for your good wishes. It's funny, before we got the visa (on Tuesday) I was full of worries about how we were going to manage with a new baby and all the logistics of emigrating, but now we're both full of optomism and feel as if we'll be able to cope with anything! Exciting, isn't it?

Take care.
Jenny