What to leave ?

Old Dec 9th 2005, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to leave ?

Ok the Dilemma is me and the missus have 40kg each - we have a ton of stuff we think would like to take. Obvioulsy this is not going to work so we need to cut back to reduce weight. Most of it is clothes, like couple of suits, shirts for work etc shoes for her in doors - is there anything that is not worth taking to Brisbane either cause its cheaper to buy anyway or wont need things as its all available there.

Not much really whole life in 40kg...............
Old Dec 9th 2005, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to leave ?

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Ok the Dilemma is me and the missus have 40kg each - we have a ton of stuff we think would like to take. Obvioulsy this is not going to work so we need to cut back to reduce weight. Most of it is clothes, like couple of suits, shirts for work etc shoes for her in doors - is there anything that is not worth taking to Brisbane either cause its cheaper to buy anyway or wont need things as its all available there.

Not much really whole life in 40kg...............
Not much is cheaper in OZ expecially quality stuff, but if its brisbane you could ditch the warm clothing but save a hoodie or two for winter, could ditch most formal clothing too, and anything made of synthetic, its summer now and fabrics like that just stick to you.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure on the formal clothing for office wear and interviews .....suit or shirt Tie long sleeve I guess although I never wear long sleeves ever here in the UK cant stand it.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 7:57 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm Air Frieghting tools That will be about 40kgs , UPS seam to be cheapest for me as i need large insurance cover , but interparcel are cheaper if your stuff is worth £1000 or less .
Old Dec 9th 2005, 8:37 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Not sure on the formal clothing for office wear and interviews .....suit or shirt Tie long sleeve I guess although I never wear long sleeves ever here in the UK cant stand it.

If you are working in the city then you will need some suits ties etc, so I wouldnt get rid of those. It does depend on your line of work, generally aussies tend to dresss down alot more than brits, but that doesnt mean that you wont ever have to wear a shirt & tie, just maybe not as often . However as J&R said if you have anything really formal is probably a waste of space, as is anything really synthetic . Keep some jumpers & warm clothes but coats etc probably wont ever get used here in Brisbane (only if you need to go down south either on holidays or on business).

As P4M suggested, if you have more than fits, why not looking at sending it separately in a box or as excess baggage or something?