Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What a Kerfuful!!!

Wikiposts

What a Kerfuful!!!

Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:33 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a Kerfuful!!!

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
I Cannot believe how long it takes to get into Oz. We have nealy been at it for 11 months and we still haven't got everything ready for the application.

Hopefully in the next couple of days we will get all the relevant paperwork. This country is really starting to get us down especially with all the politics at the moment and seeing that we enjoyed ourselves so much on our holiday there.

I do realise that on holidays anywhere looks fantastic but still 11 months on we are still going on about how fantastic Manly was.

Can anyone tell me how long it normally takes for the visas to come through?
From making the decision to go through to getting the email saying visa grant took us just under 6 months. But I don't suppose you wanted to hear that
Old Apr 26th 2005, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by worzel
From making the decision to go through to getting the email saying visa grant took us just under 6 months. But I don't suppose you wanted to hear that
Bloody Hell !! 6 months is fast. How did you manage to get all the relevant checks and documents ready and send them off.??

It's nice to hear that somebody has done it quickly though. Which part of Australia are you planning on moving to.

OzWannabee.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 6:22 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: What a Kerfuful!!!

Hi Ransi

We are moving to Manly in Brisbane. Hopefully our agent is finalising our application and will send it off this week. Are you taking any possession across with you and if so how much have you been quoted??

OzWannabee
Hi Oz

Our TRA application was sent off to Adelaide yesterday

Agent reckons there moving them along fast (2 months)

Not taking much furniture but as we have 2 kids there's gonna be a lot of possessions...and were not sure if were taking the car yet...a full container is approx. £3000 or you can share a container...

Ransi
Old Apr 26th 2005, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ransi
Hi Oz

Our TRA application was sent off to Adelaide yesterday

Agent reckons there moving them along fast (2 months)

Not taking much furniture but as we have 2 kids there's gonna be a lot of possessions...and were not sure if were taking the car yet...a full container is approx. £3000 or you can share a container...

Ransi
Hi Ransi

We are waiting to hear off our agent so we are going to phone him tonight to see why he hasn't sent us our finalised application for signature.

But 2 months sounds good to me.

We have 4 children but we are not taking much stuff with us, as most of our possessions are quite old or hand me downs as we have not bought much ourselves because we thought with having young children they will only ruin it. As for the car that will definately be staying here ( For a rest, poor thing has had some hammer).
Old Apr 26th 2005, 6:36 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ransi

We are waiting to hear off our agent so we are going to phone him tonight to see why he hasn't sent us our finalised application for signature.

But 2 months sounds good to me.

We have 4 children but we are not taking much stuff with us, as most of our possessions are quite old or hand me downs as we have not bought much ourselves because we thought with having young children they will only ruin it. As for the car that will definately be staying here ( For a rest, poor thing has had some hammer).
Who's your agent Oz ?

Nosey Ransi
Old Apr 26th 2005, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ransi
Who's your agent Oz ?

Nosey Ransi
Acacia immigration.

OzWannabee
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jonni boy
i would ask them for some proof of previous clients then,unless your getting fast tracked and then 8-10 months would still be a miracle........i could be wrong i usually am
Of course all applications vary, but in general things are moving much faster since July 1st 2004 than they were in the past. Prior to that date DIMIA quoted timeframes of 50 weeks, and from word of mouth that tended to be the quicker ones. Now adays it's not unusual for someone who's on the ball about meds and pcc to get a simple 136 skilled independent visa in under 6 months (discounting skills assessment). It's taking about 10-12 weeks from application delivery to DIMIA to receive back meds/pcc request and then if you get those done quickly you can get a decision in about another month or so. Worzel is an extreme example as he "front-loaded" his application with meds/pcc, so he got the grant without even seeing a med/pcc request.

I myself am applying for a 139 skilled designated are sponsored. I applied in late November 2004, and have just completed all the requirements (AoS, Bond, meds, pcc). I expect a final decision by June at the latest, maybe something in May even (about 6-7 months from app to completion). Now, if you include the skills assessment in there my timeline goes back to summer 2004, but I was slow about the initial stuff. Again, timelines will vary largely based on how keen the applicant is.

Good luck with your application.
Brian

PS: I would recommend that you get on to your assurer as soon as possible once you get the AoS request as CentreLink is a bit of a slowdown in the process. My brother who is my assurer (and sponsor) had to wait 2 months for an appointment at CentreLink in Melbourne.