Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What if it goes pear shaped

What if it goes pear shaped

Old Mar 19th 2005, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough
Default What if it goes pear shaped

always reading a lot on here from people in the UK who have applied to come to Aus, and seem to have not only strapped on the rose tinters, but also got firmly on board the "everything is pants in the UK bus".

Please don't think this is me getting my gloating boots on, beacause it isn't, but I'd like to know how anyone fared if they got the knock back from DIMA and had to stay in the UK.

Did you try elsewhere, did you try something different in the UK? kick the cat and carry on as before?

We got residency and though I worried about it I never really confronted the prospect of being told I had to go back to the UK, so I'm looking for an insight into those who had their dreams dashed or set back in some way. I guess only the masochistic ones who still use the site.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 12:59 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What if it goes pear shaped

Originally Posted by RichS
always reading a lot on here from people in the UK who have applied to come to Aus, and seem to have not only strapped on the rose tinters, but also got firmly on board the "everything is pants in the UK bus".

Please don't think this is me getting my gloating boots on, beacause it isn't, but I'd like to know how anyone fared if they got the knock back from DIMA and had to stay in the UK.

Did you try elsewhere, did you try something different in the UK? kick the cat and carry on as before?

We got residency and though I worried about it I never really confronted the prospect of being told I had to go back to the UK, so I'm looking for an insight into those who had their dreams dashed or set back in some way. I guess only the masochistic ones who still use the site.

There was someone that posted upto about the middle of last year I seem to recall, (female poster I think, cant remember the name though...) who was knocked back by DIMIA and decided to apply for NZ or Canada and I think (She??) got denied by that country as well. Don't know what happened with them in the end, I assume they stayed in the UK. He/she is the only person I can recall having posted on here after having failed in the immigration process.. I've only been viewing this forum on and off since mid-2002 and only actively posting for about a year though so anyone else who has been more active on the forum for a longer period may be able to shed more light on your original subject..

NJJ

PS - As for my case, I never really confronted the possibility of not getting residency either. I suppose that was more down to the fact that I came to Aus. on one of the more "straightforward" visas though (defacto spouse) and had lots of solid evidence for my case. Whereas if I had decided to migrate on my own and gone down the skilled or similar sponsored route, I may not have been so confident.

Last edited by NJJ; Mar 20th 2005 at 1:01 am. Reason: punctuation
Old Mar 20th 2005, 4:03 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ
There was someone that posted upto about the middle of last year I seem to recall, (female poster I think, cant remember the name though...) who was knocked back by DIMIA and decided to apply for NZ or Canada and I think (She??) got denied by that country as well. Don't know what happened with them in the end, I assume they stayed in the UK. He/she is the only person I can recall having posted on here after having failed in the immigration process.. I've only been viewing this forum on and off since mid-2002 and only actively posting for about a year though so anyone else who has been more active on the forum for a longer period may be able to shed more light on your original subject..

NJJ

PS - As for my case, I never really confronted the possibility of not getting residency either. I suppose that was more down to the fact that I came to Aus. on one of the more "straightforward" visas though (defacto spouse) and had lots of solid evidence for my case. Whereas if I had decided to migrate on my own and gone down the skilled or similar sponsored route, I may not have been so confident.
could be wrong but was it teach who got the knock back?

If I'm wrong teach please accept my apologies...
Old Mar 20th 2005, 4:27 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by walla1
could be wrong but was it teach who got the knock back?

If I'm wrong teach please accept my apologies...
I think it was LucyB...
Old Mar 20th 2005, 4:52 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saraliz
I think it was LucyB...
ah right, ta for that sorry teach
Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:02 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by saraliz
I think it was LucyB...

Last I heard she is still in the UK - she was organising a Tsanumi appeal ball which would have been taking place around about now.