Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What I need to hear about the Spiders.

What I need to hear about the Spiders.

Old Sep 18th 2005, 11:31 pm
Don't mention the Spiders

GoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant future
Default What I need to hear about the Spiders.

1. You don't get them in Perth.

2. If you do get them in Perth, they don't actually come in the house.

3. They DEFINITELY do not get in the car with you.

4. Huntsman spiders are actually shy and you never see them.

5. There is a wonder spray that stops them coming in the house.

6. There is an amazing gadget that will kill them instantly without you having to go near them.

7. IMPORTANT - Huntsmen do not scuttle.

8. the whole spider thing is an amusing joke designed to put migrants off, and there actually aren't any at all in Oz.

9. there is a season, so you can predict when they will come in the house. That season lasts for one hour a year.

10. I will cope with them
Old Sep 18th 2005, 11:36 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What I need to hear about the Spiders.

I've just called hubby back downstairs to get rid of a very fast wolf spider that has started to run about the dining room. Its huge.....about the size of a 50 pence piece.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind the Spiders what about the New Yankee Workshop of Sky Chanel 133
Old Sep 18th 2005, 11:39 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Never mind the Spiders what about the New Yankee Workshop of Sky Chanel 133

but that programme is almost as bad as American Hot Rod!!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
but that programme is almost as bad as American Hot Rod!!
All Yankee programmes are shit though arnt they? Pity they export them the world over. I expect Australia to have their fair amount of yankee shit programmes. (friends etc.)
Old Sep 18th 2005, 11:44 pm
Living the Dream!

All Yankee programmes are shit though arnt they? Pity they export them the world over. I expect Australia to have their fair amount of yankee shit programmes. (friends etc.)

Well as long as it keeps the men happy!

Shite! gonna have to get kids school stuff ready in a mo!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 11:56 pm
aussie73

An interesting statistic that will put the danger of spiders into perspective.
In the last 25 years only one person has been killed by a spider bite in OZ while in the same time around 50,000 Aussies were killed in road accidents.

Old Sep 19th 2005, 12:20 am
Don't mention the Spiders

GoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by aussie73
An interesting statistic that will put the danger of spiders into perspective.
In the last 25 years only one person has been killed by a spider bite in OZ while in the same time around 50,000 Aussies were killed in road accidents.
Thanks for that, but as I will be having a heart attack, the biting is really a secondary consideration to be fair.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 12:35 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie73
Yeah, and that spider bit someone who was driving at the time and he crashed into a tree.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

You will see them if you get foxtel, my daughter watches them all the time, i cant stand them, they drive me nuts.
Jerry
maury
friends
sex in the bloody city [hate it]
will and grace
jeny jones
need i go on.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GoingToOz
1. You don't get them in Perth.

2. If you do get them in Perth, they don't actually come in the house.

3. They DEFINITELY do not get in the car with you.

4. Huntsman spiders are actually shy and you never see them.

5. There is a wonder spray that stops them coming in the house.

6. There is an amazing gadget that will kill them instantly without you having to go near them.

8. the whole spider thing is an amusing joke designed to put migrants off, and there actually aren't any at all in Oz.

9. there is a season, so you can predict when they will come in the house. That season lasts for one hour a year.

10. I will cope with them
well im not going to say you wont see them, cause you will.
But we use surface spray, go round the windows and doorframes, so we dont get many, i actually saw more in Uk than i do here. If you go to the garage though and look up thats where the big huntsman are , my daughter hates going, just dont look up.
Seriously i know it is a real phobia as i am the same about sssss, cant even say the word. I have not seen one yet, but if i do im on the next plane home.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 2:01 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GoingToOz
(
No scuttle isn't the word. They run and some can jump upto 3ft. Its also funny to watch one that feels threatened as it sort of puffs up.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HUP
No scuttle isn't the word. They run and some can jump upto 3ft. Its also funny to watch one that feels threatened as it sort of puffs up.

Thks for that! Just what I needed to know - NOT :scared:

Knew I shouldn't have started reading them, but no, my curiosity got the better of me as per bloody usual

Lets finish these threads about spiders now

Old Sep 19th 2005, 2:22 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Lets finish these threads about spiders now

Yeah but you got more than the spiders to worry about where you are
Old Sep 19th 2005, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HUP
Yeah but you got more than the spiders to worry about where you are

Not even seen a bloody KANGAROO yet m8! Sad I know!!!

Hate to dissapoint you, but so far so good - famous last words me thinks

Oh yeah - we dont find many 'stingers' or 'crocs' in our house pool

Gill

Last edited by Bix da Boss; Sep 19th 2005 at 2:29 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.