Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What i my chances.....

What i my chances.....

Old Jun 12th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default What i my chances.....

I need your advise please guys. My plans are to go to Brissy for a week to get a job/interviews etc then go back home. If i get a job then i go back out there and rent a place for 6months with the family. My question is:
So if/when i get a job on a sponsered visa basis, i move out there, will this be enough for me to apply and be accepted for pemanent residency when the time comes? I dont qualify on the points and am to old to go on a working visa. If im not eligable for perm-resi then there is no point in working over there for a few years,renting then selling up etc is there.

Regard, Gary.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

julie wareham is a jewel in the roughjulie wareham is a jewel in the roughjulie wareham is a jewel in the roughjulie wareham is a jewel in the roughjulie wareham is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What i my chances.....

we are in the same posistion, all hubbys family live in perth, he emigrated with them in 81but came back because his then partner did not like it, unfortunately for him he met and married me and we stayed here for my family commitments, now we are trying to get there but our only hope is sponsored work visa because of his age and we will be trying to turn that to permanant if and when we get there got to find an employer sponsor so he is heading out in july to look around and find out about the house purchase rules etc. will let you know what he finds out .
Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:09 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wessa
I need your advise please guys. My plans are to go to Brissy for a week to get a job/interviews etc then go back home. If i get a job then i go back out there and rent a place for 6months with the family. My question is:
So if/when i get a job on a sponsered visa basis, i move out there, will this be enough for me to apply and be accepted for pemanent residency when the time comes? I dont qualify on the points and am to old to go on a working visa. If im not eligable for perm-resi then there is no point in working over there for a few years,renting then selling up etc is there.

Regard, Gary.
No expert, but if you have an offer of employment and they agree to sponsor you, then the chances of getting PR are good provided you stick with it.

Sounds to me (just assuming here) that you need to do a bit more research before heading out there. Have you researched the Aussie job market? Depending on your trade/ occupation, it can be pretty damn tough!

I dont think a trip out there is neccesarily you're answer. Put it this way, my GF has recently secured a job in Brisbane purely through a telephone IV (very common and happens all the time). We have PR already incidentaly, but dont see that that fact would stop you getting the telephone IV's if you're right for the job!
Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

julie wareham is a jewel in the roughjulie wareham is a jewel in the roughjulie wareham is a jewel in the roughjulie wareham is a jewel in the roughjulie wareham is a jewel in the rough

done alot of web searching and applications and registered with recruitment agencies and oh brothers and sister have been doing thier bit out there but nothing yet they keep getting told that he needs to go out and see possible employers face to face, he is a city and guilds trained welder fabricator sheet metal worker, so we are hoping to get lucky soon.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Julie, Fluffy, yeah the job search is a hard one. I have been looking for some months now. Ive a friend over in Brisbane who has put me onto a guy in an agency direct, so a bit of hope there. I have been told i may get away with a phone iv but ive more chance if im face to face which makes sense.

I really was looking to see if anyone knew on my chances of perm resi if id been work in a job that may not be on the goverments specific list.

Gary.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

not sure but i think that for a 457 it needs to be on the list, probably wrong but i would check it out.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Regard, Gary.
How will you get a job without a visa? Very difficult task, most employers won't touch you with a barge pole. But if you do an in demand line of work (nurse, doctor etc) you could get in touch with an agency and save yourself the trip and get a job that way.
Far too many variables to go much further answering your question. Would need to know far more
Old Jun 12th 2007, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Regard, Gary.
Read about sponsered visa's here http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...sa-options.htm

Depends what type of visa they are offering etc. It tells you what the requirements are for PR if they do sponser you for a temp one.

I would suggest coming out, it's far easier to get a job if you are here.

Fluffy, you're just a lucky beggar
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:08 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

You might strike lucky, and a company willing to sponsor for 457 and looking to hire new staff may have offices in the UK. Or, the recruitment agency in Australia may have video conferencing facilities that link in with a UK counterpart office's facilities (something similar happened to me, where I was interviewed by video link - with me in Sydney, the company in Brisbane, using a particular recruitment company's offices).

Before spending money on coming over here, I would research what type of company may be willing to sponsor you and contacting them directly to guauge how keen they would be.

Getting sponsored from overseas is possible, my OH was sponsored this way, as well as some of our friends. But it does depend on your skills and profession. A lot of people aren't so lucky.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:47 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Regard, Gary.
Whatever job you go for, I wouldn't be submitting a written application.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

For a 457 visa the job still have so be on the list of jobs. I had an interview from the UK, was offered a job in SYdney, and then immigration told them the job didn't fit the job we were trying to fit it into enough, so we couldn't get the visa.
We are now hoping to come out on the regional sponsored migration system. This is perminant residency straight away.

If you do go out on a 457 visa your employer can sponsor you for PR after 2 years.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
For a 457 visa the job still have so be on the list of jobs. I had an interview from the UK, was offered a job in SYdney, and then immigration told them the job didn't fit the job we were trying to fit it into enough, so we couldn't get the visa.
We are now hoping to come out on the regional sponsored migration system. This is perminant residency straight away.

If you do go out on a 457 visa your employer can sponsor you for PR after 2 years.
This visa thing is a right pain in the arse... Im just confused tbh.
So do i apply for a visa, then give it to my employer when i take a job or do they apply for me?.
Ive been looking at the rsms, does this mean i go out there to a place were they tell me then apply for pr even if the job is not on the "list" of required jobs?.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

This visa thing is a right pain in the arse... Im just confused tbh.
So do i apply for a visa, then give it to my employer when i take a job or do they apply for me?.
Ive been looking at the rsms, does this mean i go out there to a place were they tell me then apply for pr even if the job is not on the "list" of required jobs?.

The RSMS visa is a PR visa, so is the ENS (Employer Nominated). The 457 is temporary.

Here's how they all work:

457 - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...visa-works.htm

ENS - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...visa-works.htm

RSMS - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...visa-works.htm
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Wendy, i'l take a look and probably be back !..
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Wendy, i'l take a look and probably be back !..

No worries.

The first thing you need to do is find a sponser, then worry about the rest. The employer will probably know what to do anyway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.