Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What house will you buy?

What house will you buy?

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What house will you buy?

Hi folks
Been looking at oz houses. Ideally We would like 4bedrooms rumpus room pool and all mod cons much like everyone else. But in reality we'll just see what we can afford nearer the time. Whats the crack with these gated communities/complex? Ive looked at them but it seems you have to share the bbq area,pool and gardens. That sounds ok but what if you want a private bbq how would that work? I love a party but dont quite like the sound of that set up. Now just to sound really thick whats a duplex?
What houses are you all after?
Hilary
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:29 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What house will you buy?

A Duplex is normally a house with two living units I think.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:35 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I guess it would help if we knew where you were going?

Then the people living in that area could advise you.

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi
I guess it would help if we knew where you were going?

Then the people living in that area could advise you.

Doh!! Brisbane
Hilary
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:43 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

What a surprise

Is the whole of Britain going to Brisbane?

We'll leave it to the Brisbanites to respond to you then - as we are in CAIRNS and live in a tent in the sugar cane

Originally Posted by hilary6
Doh!! Brisbane
Hilary
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:45 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi folks
Been looking at oz houses. Ideally We would like 4bedrooms rumpus room pool and all mod cons much like everyone else. But in reality we'll just see what we can afford nearer the time. Whats the crack with these gated communities/complex? Ive looked at them but it seems you have to share the bbq area,pool and gardens. That sounds ok but what if you want a private bbq how would that work? I love a party but dont quite like the sound of that set up. Now just to sound really thick whats a duplex?
Hilary
Hi Hilary

First let me get the visa

Still waiting . If I look at the realestate.com.au I feel very sad so stopped seeing them

Cheers
Badri
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys. A tent sounds perfect
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:54 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Looking forward to a house on the level with no stairs.
I seem to spend all day up and down ours with the stuff my girls have left lying about.
Thinking of putting the stuff in black bags and hiding it for a few days to teach them a little lesson. He He

Carole
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:56 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. A tent sounds perfect
But what about the spiders, snakes, crocodiles and not forgetting sharks
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Looking forward to a house on the level with no stairs.
I seem to spend all day up and down ours with the stuff my girls have left lying about.
Thinking of putting the stuff in black bags and hiding it for a few days to teach them a little lesson. He He

Carole
Hi Carole I did that with our boys stuff once and they didnt even miss it! Guess they had too much
Hilary
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:09 am
ABCDiamond

Hi folks
Hilary
Duplex = Semi Detached
Townhouse = Terraced
Queenslander = Built for the heat.
Highset = Sort of two storey but often the ground floor is garage and storage space.

Complex = Normally everything is very close to one another, not my cup of tea But they are cheaper eg: a 3 bed townhouse in a complex here would be about $230k, but a 3 bed basic house on 7/800sqm land about $300k.

In complexes you also pay management fees, these can be cheap or very expensive. If renting then this is paid by the landlord.

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 11:06 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by wargod
But what about the spiders, snakes, crocodiles and not forgetting sharks
No worries on that score.
They are all afraid of the cane toads
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 11:21 am
Badge

Some people say they miss having an upstairs. I reckon they need to get out more.

I say you waste too much time going up and down them.

I like the houses built 20-30 years ago, they look normal, not too new. Just the way a house should look.

Badge

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
No worries on that score.
They are all afraid of the cane toads
Glad to see you are keeping our 'end' up, Bix!!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 11:27 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Glad to see you are keeping our 'end' up, Bix!!!!
Indeed Stan.

Got to keep putting people off coming here so we can keep this lovely place to ourselves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.