Reload this Page >

What the hell, Perth!!!!!!

Wikiposts

What the hell, Perth!!!!!!

Old Mar 25th 2005, 9:22 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What the hell, Perth!!!!!!

Originally Posted by wargod
Hey Bridiej i thought you were going to SA - change of mind?
Yes, orignally we had to go to SA as we could only apply STNI but since Malc's job now on MODL we can go 136!!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:31 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thrud
Point taken siren, but I am atradesman looking for somewhere to live, I guess it depends how sensitive people are.

Thrud
(Rough as rissoles)
I wouldn't live in Midland if you paid me to. And some tradesmen make more than management or even lawyers here
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:37 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Hi peeps,

I am trying to get a handle on the property prices etc in the Pert area of WA, so I am looking for info in the following categories.

1) If I was rich where in Perth would I live

2) If I was middle management and worked in Perth, where would I live

3) If I was a tradesman where in Perth would I live

4) Where do people commute from in the above professions

5) If I didnt live in Perth but worked in Perth where would I live.

Any help would be appreciated.

tHRUD
(I am not a knicker sniffer I am a knicker sniffers son, I am only sniffing knickers till the knicker sniffer comes)
Unless you make exceptionally good money you can forget most of the riverside suburbs.And don't be sucked into Rivervale cos its cheap and near the river. It and its surrounding burbs like Belmont and Cloverdale, Kewdale are very bland and have their fair share of undesirables. Some near the beach, like Ocean Reef are ok. Forget South of the river, and forget Midland, Maylands, Balga and Girrawheen.

Most North of the river suburbs are ok.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:48 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

NOR gets my thumbs up but dont tell everyone or the house prices will go to high
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Perthforme
NOR gets my thumbs up but dont tell everyone or the house prices will go to high
LOL, and mine and if property values go up ther you will benefit if you are an owner. or else buy quick
Old Mar 28th 2005, 1:28 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hi peeps,

I am trying to get a handle on the property prices etc in the Pert area of WA, so I am looking for info in the following categories.

2) If I was middle management and worked in Perth, where would I live

3) If I was a tradesman where in Perth would I live

4) Where do people commute from in the above professions

5) If I didnt live in Perth but worked in Perth where would I live.

Any help would be appreciated.

tHRUD
LOL would normally reply to this type of thread and try to help but Siren, Scossie & jensteve have pretty much said it all.

Let me turn it around and say ..... I'm thinking about moving to London - where should I live. Now do you see how ridiculous this thread is ? Cos as Jensteve said perth covers a huge area. (Actually larger area than London, but with less peeps) Give us Perth folk a chance to actually help you and provide us with a bit more info. Narrow it down just a bit folks - pleeeease. We do our best normally but impossible takes just a little bit more effort
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:31 am

tosh27 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
LOL would normally reply to this type of thread and try to help but Siren, Scossie & jensteve have pretty much said it all.

Let me turn it around and say ..... I'm thinking about moving to London - where should I live. Now do you see how ridiculous this thread is ? Cos as Jensteve said Perth covers a huge area. (Actually larger area than London, but with less peeps) Give us Perth folk a chance to actually help you and provide us with a bit more info. Narrow it down just a bit folks - pleeeease. We do our best normally but impossible takes just a little bit more effort

Hmm, seems a pretty much simple question to me from someone wanting basic information on Perth, if it would help the following short list of likes/requirements and dislikes may be more succinct,

I would not like to live under a flight path

I would not like to live near a railway junction

I would not like to live near a highway intersection

I would not like to live near scum

I would like to live near an up and coming area

I would not like to live near snobs

I would not like to live near a factory

I would like to live in a commuter area

I would like to live near a pub

I would like to live near a bowling alley

I would like to live near a good school

I would like to live near genuine people

I would like to live near trees

I would not like to live near a sewage farm

I could go on but the first thread is a great starter and if you think all about Perth has been stated by Siren, Scossie & jensteve you need to get out more.

Regards
Tosh
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:05 am
wombat42

Hi peeps,

If you were rich you would probably live at Perth's karnet Prison farm .Half of Perths wealthy high flyers from the 1980's seem to have done time there, along with Alan Bond, a British immigrant.

Last edited by wombat42; Mar 28th 2005 at 6:09 am.

Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:53 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
If you were rich you would probably live at Perth's karnet Prison farm .Half of Perths wealthy high flyers from the 1980's seem to have done time there, along with Alan Bond, a British immigrant.
That's worth some karma wombat

It won't let me give you any though.

G
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:34 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tosh27
Hmm, seems a pretty much simple question to me from someone wanting basic information on Perth, if it would help the following short list of likes/requirements and dislikes may be more succinct,

I would not like to live under a flight path

I would not like to live near a railway junction

I would not like to live near a highway intersection

I would not like to live near scum

I would like to live near an up and coming area

I would not like to live near snobs

I would not like to live near a factory

I would like to live in a commuter area

I would like to live near a pub

I would like to live near a bowling alley

I would like to live near a good school

I would like to live near genuine people

I would like to live near trees

I would not like to live near a sewage farm

I could go on but the first thread is a great starter and if you think all about Perth has been stated by Siren, Scossie & jensteve you need to get out more.

Regards
Tosh
Thanks for the kind advice re my social life

Basic info on perth - try here http://www.countrywide.com.au/ and here http://www.cityofperth.wa.gov.au/ and here http://www.letspartytonight.com/

On the basis of your lists of likes and dislikes then can I suggest Joondalup to you - fits most of your criteria. Course I dont know what budget you are looking at but J'lup isnt that expensive. You'll definately get something for under $300k

Also have a look at these threads which also give suburb advice.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273263
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274599
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285416

There's loads more info on other threads as well.

Also check out the Real estate websites that Ushas posted earlier. All real estate companies have suburb info as well. Also check out www.aussiehome.com and www.realestate.com.au

But as I said before just to ask where should I live in perth or where should I avoid in perth is too openended Perth is Huuuuuuuge and has over 200 suburbs. Narrowing down a criteria list helps us to help you
Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:02 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by Grayling
That's worth some karma wombat

It won't let me give you any though.

G
l don't need your Karma l make my own.

Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:17 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Unless you make exceptionally good money you can forget most of the riverside suburbs.And don't be sucked into Rivervale cos its cheap and near the river. It and its surrounding burbs like Belmont and Cloverdale, Kewdale are very bland and have their fair share of undesirables. Some near the beach, like Ocean Reef are ok. Forget South of the river, and forget Midland, Maylands, Balga and Girrawheen.

Most North of the river suburbs are ok.
What do you mean, forget south of the river????

There's some beautiful places down here...
Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by walla1
What do you mean, forget south of the river????

There's some beautiful places down here...

Thats exactly what I thought. What a ridiculous statement to make. There is plenty of 'nice' places to live south depending on what you are looking for. Just depends on your personal preference. I could happily live north or south but generalising like that doesn't help anyone.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:01 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Kiwichild likes to generalise. Also thinks Perth is the most unfriendly city in Australia. Seems to have had bad luck in Perth.
Unfortunate, because she seems quite smart and nice in other posts.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:03 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Thorpes
Thats exactly what I thought. What a ridiculous statement to make. There is plenty of 'nice' places to live south depending on what you are looking for. Just depends on your personal preference. I could happily live north or south but generalising like that doesn't help anyone.
...and according to the Sunday Times couple of weeks back the house prices are gonna boom once the railway line's in and the new hospital in Murdoch goes up, my neighbouring suburb

in fact south of the river house prices are rising more than the north, again according to the ST.....