Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What the hell, Perth!!!!!!

What the hell, Perth!!!!!!

Old Nov 12th 2004, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future
Default What the hell, Perth!!!!!!

Hi peeps,

I am trying to get a handle on the property prices etc in the Pert area of WA, so I am looking for info in the following categories.

1) If I was rich where in Perth would I live

2) If I was middle management and worked in Perth, where would I live

3) If I was a tradesman where in Perth would I live

4) Where do people commute from in the above professions

5) If I didnt live in Perth but worked in Perth where would I live.

Any help would be appreciated.

tHRUD
(I am not a knicker sniffer I am a knicker sniffers son, I am only sniffing knickers till the knicker sniffer comes)
Old Nov 12th 2004, 7:43 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What the hell, Perth!!!!!!

I only know the answer to #1 -Wealthy people tend to live in the Mosman Park & Dalkeith area of Perth...

No, I'm not rich!!!

Last edited by saraliz; Nov 12th 2004 at 7:46 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 2:27 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saraliz
I only know the answer to #1 -Wealthy people tend to live in the Mosman Park & Dalkeith area of Perth...

No, I'm not rich!!!
Don't forget Cottesloe and Peppermint Grove!

In answer to the other questions, I don't think it has anything to do with your job or status. It's got to do with what you want out of a neighborhood/house/school etc..

The Northern Suburbs are sort of Upper/middle class but have inexpensive housing in certain areas. The southern suburbs have the same type areas as well but you can also find much cheaper accomodation.

Midlands and inland you'll find probably the cheapest housing but you'll also find a lot of beautiful nice places as well.

So you see... you can find a bit of everything, everywhere! It just depends on what you want.

You can commute from anywhere. A word to the wise though... by segregating people into "wealthy, management, tradesman" you'll not make friends quickly here. People don't care what you do or make, just who you are.

Siren
Old Nov 13th 2004, 2:58 am
owieb

Originally Posted by Siren
People don't care what you do or make, just who you are.
Very true.

Old Nov 13th 2004, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Have a look at some of these sights to get an idea of what's around

www.raywhite.com.au
www.royweston.com.au
www.ljhooker.com.au
www.professionals.com.au
www.reiwa.com.au
www.century21.com.au
Old Nov 13th 2004, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future

Don't forget Cottesloe and Peppermint Grove!

In answer to the other questions, I don't think it has anything to do with your job or status. It's got to do with what you want out of a neighborhood/house/school etc..

The Northern Suburbs are sort of Upper/middle class but have inexpensive housing in certain areas. The southern suburbs have the same type areas as well but you can also find much cheaper accomodation.

Midlands and inland you'll find probably the cheapest housing but you'll also find a lot of beautiful nice places as well.

So you see... you can find a bit of everything, everywhere! It just depends on what you want.

You can commute from anywhere. A word to the wise though... by segregating people into "wealthy, management, tradesman" you'll not make friends quickly here. People don't care what you do or make, just who you are.

Siren

Point taken siren, but I am atradesman looking for somewhere to live, I guess it depends how sensitive people are.

Thrud
(Rough as rissoles)
Old Nov 14th 2004, 1:19 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh! No offence meant!!

Just pointing out the mentality here. People just don't care...
It's actually quite different considering... most places have a kind of "classing" system. People tend to hang out with thier own. Birds of a feather and all...

Since being here I've found myself with friends who work secretarial positions, old age care, ladies of leisure (hubbies can afford it ) and a nuclear scientist (I always get her title wrong but I think I've got it this time.) She's got the defense of our nation in her hands y'know

My husband is a tradesman as well and we live quite comfortably north of the river. The schools here and the proximity to the beach were big factors as well as a short commute to the city and the general atmosphere of the neighbourhood.

It really does depend on what you are looking for. If you are married, have children, plan to run your own business or sub-contract etc..etc..

Check out some of the links that Ushas has provided and possibly try to rent for a while before buying a property. It'll give you time to drive around and become aquainted with the areas of interest.

Always best to make an educated decision!

Best of luck!

Siren
Old Nov 14th 2004, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Oh! No offence meant!!

Just pointing out the mentality here. People just don't care...
It's actually quite different considering... most places have a kind of "classing" system. People tend to hang out with thier own. Birds of a feather and all...

Since being here I've found myself with friends who work secretarial positions, old age care, ladies of leisure (hubbies can afford it ) and a nuclear scientist (I always get her title wrong but I think I've got it this time.) She's got the defense of our nation in her hands y'know

My husband is a tradesman as well and we live quite comfortably north of the river. The schools here and the proximity to the beach were big factors as well as a short commute to the city and the general atmosphere of the neighbourhood.

It really does depend on what you are looking for. If you are married, have children, plan to run your own business or sub-contract etc..etc..

Check out some of the links that Ushas has provided and possibly try to rent for a while before buying a property. It'll give you time to drive around and become aquainted with the areas of interest.

Always best to make an educated decision!

Best of luck!

Siren

Thanks Siren.

Thrud
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:00 pm

tosh27 is on a distinguished road

does anyone know where not to live in the perth area
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:57 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tosh27
does anyone know where not to live in the perth area
In the Swan River.

In the northbound middle lane of the Mitchell Freeway.

On the runway at Jandakot Airport.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Scossie
In the Swan River.

In the northbound middle lane of the Mitchell Freeway.

On the runway at Jandakot Airport.
Next door to Scossie's house.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 8:31 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Next door to Scossie's house.
Oi...!!!
Less of your cheek Brian...

Next door to Scossie's house is my mate Graham.
And he's a fanatical Eagles man..
Old Mar 25th 2005, 3:50 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Are there any new builds happening that have websites we can view please?

Thanks
Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:20 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Are there any new builds happening that have websites we can view please?

Thanks

Hey Bridiej i thought you were going to SA - change of mind?
Old Mar 26th 2005, 8:07 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Hi There
I often see this sort of thread and many like them and think to myself does the person who wrote it have any idea of how large Perth is?
We are talking of a city and suburbs larger than North Wales and people constantly ask where to live etc, well its damm near impossible to give an answer to it.
Perth is a huge sprawling city with suburbs sprouting up all over the place, if you want a quick answer the closer to the city and beach the more expensive the housing.
My hubby just moaned at me for writing this but I think I have a point, unless you have visited Perth before and know just how big the place is you might be in for a shock, and when asking where to live well the answer is everybody has their different idea on what is nice for them and you could end up somewhere totally once your here and have travelled around a bit.

Jenny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.