Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What the hell am I doing wrong?

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:06 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What the hell am I doing wrong?

Originally Posted by moneypen20
ROFPMSL Oh sorry Arkon but really. I have no idea what you are doing wrong but the sooner you move up this way the better Your bad vibes are radiating further and further afield, getting there long before you.

Hubby works for a big dealership and they are expected to go and fetch the customer, take them shopping (provided they wanted to of course) and then go back to take them back when the service is over.

The old lady can't have realised they were yours surely. I did have one strange guy infront of me at the checkout at Coles once, who saw me put a bottle of Ribena on the belt, he was fascinated by it and we had a five minute chat about the design of the bottle My girls had to walk away because they were crying laughing so much.
The further away from Adelaide the better
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:12 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
The further away from Adelaide the better
Adelaide has enough problems already

G
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
As for where I lived yes in hindsight it was utopia, a little village in the midlands near to where you live. I had a huge nice new house with the only Victorian thing about it was a stamp in my stamp collection. An excellent job and business and lots of really good friends, Excellent neighbours and excellent shops, I was never short changed and never had a tradesman not turn up. I nearly always got good service other wise I would take my custom elsewhere, the eating out was great and foreign holidays and travel was both easy and cheap. I could post parcels anywhere in the world without providing my passport, and never had to keep renewing my driving licence every 3 years.
I wish I had lived in this place in UK....now I know Oz is not perfect but neither is UK. My London neighbour was an old witch who started attacking my goods as they were being unloaded from the removal van. My neighbours here in Oz are actually friendly!
How you managed to get tradies to turn up is a miracle in itself. A friend has offered to pay for hubby to fly to UK to fit a new bathroom as he cannot find a plumber...
As to renewing your driving licence every 3 years- we went for the 10 year option which means I don't have to renew every 3 years (how good is that!)

And I would rather an old biddy rifle through my trolley than have a bunch of kids hurl abuse at me as I wander along.

Oz has its faults but they do seem to follow you around. I have had a good time in my 6 years here- perhaps you have taken all the bad luck and just left good for the rest of us!
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 1:42 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

What an over 18 IQ card? or an over 18 mental age card? if thats what you mean then I doubt any Australians would meet the criteria to get one.

:
Forget it, you couldn't get one even if you wanted one ( you can add ageist to your list of gripes too now lol) . There's a maximum age restriction in NSW, you can't get one if you're over 21 or something like that

Qld anyone over 18 to 100 plus can get one, there is no age restrictions here like some of the other states have .
It is what I used for all ID purposes for years here when I did not have an Au licence,( I was driving on my Brit licence for years, so I used an over 18 card for all ID here - it's just as acceptable for ID as an AU driving licence is. It saves carrying your passport around with you).

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Mar 3rd 2006 at 1:46 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 2:04 am
ABCDiamond

In NSW you can get the "NSW Photo ID Card"
For any age over 16, and a NSW resident.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/photocard.html

Photo Cards cost $40 and will be valid for five years.
The fee for an initial Photo Card may be waived for customers who are surrendering their driver licence because a doctor has advised them to stop driving or if the customer has decided to stop driving for medical reasons.

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 2:36 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pomster
As to renewing your driving licence every 3 years- we went for the 10 year option which means I don't have to renew every 3 years (how good is that!)
You'd better check the NSW licence rules, just because where you are has ten year ones it doesn't mean that all states do - I can't get a ten year licence in Qld- it's 5 years max here
cheers
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 3:33 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Ceri
You'd better check the NSW licence rules, just because where you are has ten year ones it doesn't mean that all states do - I can't get a ten year licence in Qld- it's 5 years max here
cheers
And just to further rub it in (to those in NSW):
a QLD 5 year licence costs $63.95,
a NSW 5 year licence costs $132

I think it's only SA and Victoria that do a 10 year licence.

NSW may be resticted to 3 years at first, due to: To be eligible for a 5 year licence you must have held an unrestricted NSW driver's licence continuously for 5 years.

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
And just to further rub it in (to those in NSW):
a QLD 5 year licence costs $63.95,
a NSW 5 year licence costs $132

I think it's only SA and Victoria that do a 10 year licence.

NSW may be resticted to 3 years at first, due to: To be eligible for a 5 year licence you must have held an unrestricted NSW driver's licence continuously for 5 years.
Do you ever get the impression that NSW is possibly not the place for some people to live
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:25 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Do you ever get the impression that NSW is possibly not the place for some people to live
YEP

And I moved FROM there

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 6:27 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Your not doing anything wrong Arkon, everything is Australia's fault.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:27 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

What an over 18 IQ card? or an over 18 mental age card? if thats what you mean then I doubt any Australians would meet the criteria to get one.

Oh great so because I'm Australian I have an IQ less than 18?

ZX....
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:29 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Your not doing anything wrong Arkon, everything is Australia's fault.
You people make me laugh, all too quick to slag of the UK but if someone should dare slag of Oz the shit hits the fan
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:06 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus

ZX....
I'm not sure if he actually realises that he insults lots of Australians when he comes out with some of his comments. But it isn't any surprise that he gets treated the wrong way by some Australians, if he is like that all the time.

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 10:45 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I'm not sure if he actually realises that he insults lots of Australians when he comes out with some of his comments. But it isn't any surprise that he gets treated the wrong way by some Australians, if he is like that all the time.
No actually I'm only like that on here so my experiences here in noway are due to my attitude. Infact I go out of my way to make sure that it is not the cause of any problems. The IQ less than 18 is clearly a joke and maybe only an Australian wouldn't be able to detect it as such
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 10:46 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus

ZX....
Only if you can't see that it was a joke But as the shoe man says....If the shoe fits.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.