Wikiposts

What the hell?

Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:56 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Exclamation What the hell?

Qantas has dropped its flight prices big time in the last 24 hours, at least from here in the US. LA to Brisbane via Auckland.
Our flights were going to set us back $3300, now it's $2750 (US). I'm glad I held off buying them. I wonder how low they'll go,
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What the hell?

Originally posted by Ulujain
Qantas has dropped its flight prices big time in the last 24 hours, at least from here in the US. LA to Brisbane via Auckland.
Our flights were going to set us back $3300, now it's $2750 (US). I'm glad I held off buying them. I wonder how low they'll go,
June 15th has always been the change date from one fare to another. I think they change again on September 15th...it's generally the same pattern each year
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:04 pm
o_0

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
June 15th has always been the change date from one fare to another. I think they change again on September 15th...it's generally the same pattern each year
Interesting. So they aren't likely to get any lower, in your opinion?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Peter
I was only looking at the flights from LA the other day. We can get a cheap flight from Istanbul to Brisbane with Emirates but we wanted to go round the other way as the kids wanted to visit Disney instead of Dubai or SIngapore.

However, the flights one way only from LA to Bris were nearly $2000 US a piece:scared:
I have tried to get one via Istanbu but they seem really expensive. Any suggestions? Looks like we will have to fly to the UK and on from there
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:06 pm
o_0

Debsy, for reasons totally unknown to me, one way flights are more expensive than return flights here. You might want to try a return flight, because it'll probably be cheaper. Yes, it's ridiculous, but that's America.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

thanks
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debsy
Let us know how you get on, we're thinking of flying from Athens or Istanbul, after seeing my parents. It looks like it might be cheaper to fly from the Uk though
geeting atatcke d by a mad toddler
bye!¬
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Larissa
Hi Debsy
Let us know how you get on, we're thinking of flying from Athens or Istanbul, after seeing my parents. It looks like it might be cheaper to fly from the Uk though
geeting atatcke d by a mad toddler
bye!¬
Yes Blim can get his eyes done at the same time I am really pleased with mine.

Larissa, Emirates fly for $660 usd one way to brisbane from Istanbul with 50% discount for children. 50kg luggage allowance

Good eh
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. So they aren't likely to get any lower, in your opinion?
oh gawd, I haven't got a clue. I just know that the fight prices go up and down on these dates...sort of in line with the hoiday seasons I guess. (Actually in hindsight, that's perhaps just the UK cos June -Sep is main holiday season (school hols, etc)

so maybe they have cut prices below the norm anyway from ythe US
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:33 am
o_0

Well, the missus is going to give Qantas a call today and see if that's as good as it gets.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 1:42 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of one way fairs, especially the high priced ones on the net, tend to be fully flexible tickets. These cost a fortune. Maybe try a good travel agent. I find the net useless for open jaws, stopovers one wayers and round the worlds. Forget the flight centre as the agents are too lazy and quote you the first thing they find.