Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what have you done today....

what have you done today....

Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:05 am
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute
Smile what have you done today....

to make you feel proud?

Last night I saved a life...... A chap who had just been admitted had a cardiac arrest, and would have died, if it were not for the quick actions of myself and the team on nights I was working with. Just thinking about that, made me realize, that there is more to my life, than worrying about visas, DIMIA, whats the weather like in Brisbane, will I miss my family etc, etc.,.

I have spent the last 3 1/2 months totally encapsulated with my own thoughts about moving to Australia, but this one event made me realize that what I do is important, and do I do enough important things on a daily basis?

Life is so short, and from now on I will take a step back, and make the most of the life I have here in England, until I can enjoy a life in Australia.

Perhaps we all need to take a step back and try and do important things for others on a daily basis.

Just my thoughts,

Tinkaxx
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:06 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what have you done today....

You're right, we definitely get caught up in things and forget what's important.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:08 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinkerbell
to make you feel proud?

Last night I saved a life...... A chap who had just been admitted had a cardiac arrest, and would have died, if it were not for the quick actions of myself and the team on nights I was working with. Just thinking about that, made me realize, that there is more to my life, than worrying about visas, DIMIA, whats the weather like in Brisbane, will I miss my family etc, etc.,.

I have spent the last 3 1/2 months totally encapsulated with my own thoughts about moving to Australia, but this one event made me realize that what I do is important, and do I do enough important things on a daily basis?

Life is so short, and from now on I will take a step back, and make the most of the life I have here in England, until I can enjoy a life in Australia.

Perhaps we all need to take a step back and try and do important things for others on a daily basis.

Just my thoughts,

Tinkaxx

GOODONYA !!! dam right too.

Personally ive been making desks, lookin at friggin dog trailers, and mowing the grass.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Great your a hero!

Keep up the good work. Your skills will be utilised in Oz im sure.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:14 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinkerbell
to make you feel proud?

Just my thoughts,

Tinkaxx

Having worked in ITU for 9 years......i can totally agree with your 'life is too short' theory. We should make the most of what we have now and enjoy it.......worry for today and not tomorrow......and when the time comes live our dream.

Well done Tinka.......That man wil be eternally grateful for great people like you
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:15 am
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

Don't feel like a hero, it's the job I do, day in and day out. It's what I'm trained to do, but it certainly makes me feel great knowing what I've done has made a big difference to that chaps life.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Nice one Tinka!

I for my part assisted about a dozen motorists that had broken down. It doesn't have the impact that your job has but it still gives me great job satisfaction.

Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:36 am
playing the angel

Originally Posted by Steve G
Nice one Tinka!

I for my part assisted about a dozen motorists that had broken down. It doesn't have the impact that your job has but it still gives me great job satisfaction.

I'm sure all those people you assisted are just as grateful, I know I would be.
There certainly is lot to say about job satisfaction.