Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What have you been upto today?

What have you been upto today?

Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:29 pm
jules

Julie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What have you been upto today?

Just sat at my geriatric computer and wondered what everyone had done today, (or yesterday for all of those who are already in OZ, B*stards!)

I took my dog for a walk on the beach this morning after getting up at 7am and waiting for it to get light. It was very nice but couldnt help thinking i cant wait to do this in a tshirt and shorts if i ever eventaully get to Oz. (yes i know it rains and isnt always hot in OZ but had my rose tinted contact lenses in today). Then waited for daughter to finish nursery and stayed at home playing snap and making cakes thinking i wish we could go outside with out 25 layers of clothing and wellies. My thoughts returned to last summer when we would have been down the beach swimming and making sandcastles. Just being nosy really and wondered what everyone else had been upto.

jules
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:32 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What have you been upto today?

Originally posted by Julie Martin
Just sat at my geriatric computer and wondered what everyone had done today, (or yesterday for all of those who are already in OZ, B*stards!)

I took my dog for a walk on the beach this morning after getting up at 7am and waiting for it to get light. It was very nice but couldnt help thinking i cant wait to do this in a tshirt and shorts if i ever eventaully get to Oz. (yes i know it rains and isnt always hot in OZ but had my rose tinted contact lenses in today). Then waited for daughter to finish nursery and stayed at home playing snap and making cakes thinking i wish we could go outside with out 25 layers of clothing and wellies. My thoughts returned to last summer when we would have been down the beach swimming and making sandcastles. Just being nosy really and wondered what everyone else had been upto.

jules
Driven to work so far so nothing to get jealous about.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

jorobhandm is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you planning on going to Oz, Julie, and if so where?
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:38 pm
jules

Julie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sure are

Yes, we (my partner and our 3 year old daughter) have got our TRA thingy and are just about to fill in application form, have got all documentation certified by a solicitor so just got to pull our fingers out and fill in form. Hopefully send form off in next couple of days. As for where we are going, not sure. My partners got rellies in Sydney and probably better job prospects but we also like Brisbane. I love far north queensland but probably not too good for jobs and maybe a little too hot for partner and daughter.

jules
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:41 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

jules
hi jules spent the day at work in sub tropical redhill
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Boring really Yoga class then work, but its is the first sunny day for weeks and the temps look like staying under 30 so will probably take the dog for a bike ride later.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

jules

Running around doing the rounds of the shops buying props for M&S Christmas 04!!!!! for their food packaging photos. Yes, shooting Christmas already. Next mission to find a cornishware jug 3" tall for Sainsburys food packaging - great found one, but designer changed his mind, wants something more modern. So mission continues tommorrow when I have no childcare, so will be dragging my 7 month old round the shops. Oh dear and I thought I was getting a lie-in in the morning.
made dinner
washed up
browsed internet

lifes great!

Thanks for asking.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

jules

Oh yeah and listen to 5 episodes of the archers on internet - fantastic
Old Jan 21st 2004, 10:26 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
... so will probably take the dog for a bike ride later.
Bloody hell - that's a clever dog
Old Jan 21st 2004, 10:30 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

As to what I have been up to ....
Got up
Had brekkie
Got brekkie for the little DagBoys
Fed the DagDog
Fed the DagChooks
Drove to work (blue skies and 22 degC)
Wasted time browsing this instead of working.

And all before 9.30
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

spent all day emptying the loft....sorting all the sh*t from the good stuff and getting it ready for the packers!
Take it from me, even if you've only just applied....start sorting out NOW.
Women, it's been in the loft for the last 10 years and I haven't needed it.......WHY does it have to go to OZ???
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:07 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

You know if you bin it, its gonna be the first thing she asks for :scared:
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I've been in bed ALL day feeling sorry for myself... and i really dont care how sunny it is outside
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Work..dreaming of what I'd do if I wasn't at work. Multiply x 5 and that is my week. Roll on the weekend
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice

Day off and woken up far too early by the sun shinning too brightly ( Blinds arrive next week ! )
Took boys to McD's then son drove us in his car ( with no air con - so very hot ) To their new high school to spend a small fortune on school uiniforms - now home to drown my sorrows with water ( Can't afford any beer now !! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.