Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What has happened to humanity - Afghan Refugees, Perth?

What has happened to humanity - Afghan Refugees, Perth?

Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has happened to humanity - Afghan Refugees, Perth?

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Indeed one can only imagine the extreme frustration that some of the Little Englanders may well be required to confront in the not too distant future.
Thats why the reference to Brum made me laugh. I Think Moreland, there area that I live in is the highest English as a 2nd language municiplaity in Australia. It's definitely well in the top 5 in Aus. It also doubles as one of the most tolerant in Australia. Only thing I baulk at is no Pork at Council do's... I think we should be given a choice. Especially when you see Moslim young women serving Bacon and Stras etc at the Local delis in the Supermarkets. I dont mind the foreign language on the shop fronts, as long as there is English alongside it. In fact I find it far more interesting around here than most other places in Aus, every where else does indeed seem bland.... I can appreciate that most Brits would not want to migrate to a place that reminds them of Urban centers in the UK though......Moreland is probably a good area for people that are homesick though, more likely to feel at home around here, than anywhere else in Aus.

I've posted on here before, comparing Islingtons demographics to Morelands and Moreland had far more Migrants per head of population than Islington.

Footnote I just realised the Home grown bombers also came from this area.... My daughter went to school with them at Northcote. They were born and bred here and came from Lebanese parents, who migrated here in the 70's.

Place in the following picture is less than 1km from my house. These people were not refugees and there has been an active campaign by the local muslim community to expose there people. They as much as the local Aussies dont want their world turned upside down.... Living amongst these people is very englightening.

http://www.aijac.org.au/review/2005/...books30-8.html

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Apr 27th 2009 at 1:13 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Thats why the reference to Brum made me laugh. I Think Moreland, there area that I live in is the highest English as a 2nd language municiplaity in Australia. It's definitely well in the top 5 in Aus. It also doubles as one of the most tolerant in Australia. Only thing I baulk at is no Pork at Council do's... I think we should be given a choice. Especially when you see Moslim young women serving Bacon and Stras etc at the Local delis in the Supermarkets. I dont mind the foreign language on the shop fronts, as long as there is English alongside it. In fact I find it far more interesting around here than most other places in Aus, every where else does indeed seem bland.... I can appreciate that most Brits would not want to migrate to a place that reminds them of Urban centers in the UK though......Moreland is probably a good area for people that are homesick though, more likely to feel at home around here, than anywhere else in Aus.

I've posted on here before, comparing Islingtons demographics to Morelands and Moreland had far more Migrants per head of population than Islington.

Footnote I just realised the Home grown bombers also came from this area.... My daughter went to school with them at Northcote. They were born and bred here and came from Lebanese parents, who migrated here in the 70's.

Place in the following picture is less than 1km from my house. These people were not refugees and there has been an active campaign by the local muslim community to expose there people. They as much as the local Aussies dont want their world turned upside down.... Living amongst these people is very englightening.

http://www.aijac.org.au/review/2005/...books30-8.html
And an englightening post,ozzieeagle and positive to boot.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

robo43 has a spectacular aura aboutrobo43 has a spectacular aura aboutrobo43 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JR230898
It has to do with, you suggesting that others should bear arms yet, you yourself hide behind the effort of others. Put up, or shutup. My position comes from my time spent in Mozambique, Bosnia, Cambodia, East Timor in uniform, and later in Afghanistan, clearing landmines and always carrying a gun. Yes, I was a volunteer, and paid for every day of my service. Never, ever, in my life have I believed that someone bear arms unless it was voluntarily....and here you are, insisting someone else's existence be conditional on doing so.

Do you think the terrorist attacks in the UK and on Australians in Bali have been no threat to your country and family? Put up or shut up.

My views on the status of these Afghanis seeking refuge is based on my experience in Afghanistan from Jan 06 until Nov 08. Living and working in daily direct contact with Afghani people in Kabul, Kandahar, and Tarin Kowt. I have nothing but respect for them and well appreciate the risks they are fleeing from.

Now, please elaborate on the direct experience you are basing your obviously well contrived views on?
Well I dont think i need a lecture from yourself on the effects of terroriism, having lost a cousin in the Birmingham pub bombings.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by robo43
Well I dont think i need a lecture from yourself on the effects of terroriism, having lost a cousin in the Birmingham pub bombings.
So, you 'talk' about the need to fight if your family were to be threatened. One of your family members has been killed and, you elect your 'democratic' right NOT to don a uniform and fight what has been a very direct threat to your family. Do you fail to see here the hypocrisy between what you say and then, what you actually do?

Don't make the existence of others conditional on what you would not do yourself.

What makes you think like this, a sense of entitlement? Is it your 'democratic right' to feel entitled?

Last edited by JR230898; Apr 27th 2009 at 9:12 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

jomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nice

Originally Posted by robo43
Here we go again, the Guardianista brigade calling anyone who Questions Illegal immigrationn/Asylum seekers racists, usually when they have lost the argument.
exactly
Old Oct 11th 2009, 11:00 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Update on this story:

Boat blast survivors get refugee status

Asylum seekers who survived a boat explosion off Ashmore Reef earlier this year will be granted refugee status in Australia.

The 42 Afghan men will be released into the community this week but it is believed the Federal Government will deport any of them who are subsequently convicted of serious charges over the incident.