Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What has been your most funniest or best time?

What has been your most funniest or best time?

Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future
Default What has been your most funniest or best time?

Just wondering you guys already living in Aus, Some of your funniest or best experiences since you've been living the life down under?
Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

Miked is a jewel in the roughMiked is a jewel in the roughMiked is a jewel in the roughMiked is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What has been your most funniest or best time?

The best time for us was definitely the first 3 Months the "Honeymoon" period. We arrived last October and I did not start work until the new year so we travelled a lot and had a great "Holiday" in the early months. It is still early days for us here I suppose as we have not even hit the year mark yet but we are feeling pretty settled, the kids are happy at school and I am starting a business run from home which is going to take sometime to make enough money to be full time but for now it is working towards our future here.

We have some wonderful memories from the travelling we did last year, we will never get a chance to travel as much or as often as we did then so I am really glad we did it.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I think the first year when we arrived, we still had UK equity so everthing did seem so cheap, I can remember saying that often, mind you since then petrol would have doubled, houses have at least doubled and food has almost doubled, if I arrived now I might be saying the opposite but anyway it seemed so cheap at the time

Having the first swimming pool was a major delight, with 3 kids, that was probably the best moment of all.

Funniest moment although it could easily have become a horror moment (well month) was 2 lots of UK guests who absolutely hated OZ, january it was hot, wet, mozzies ate them, no nightlife, expensive, they couldnt smoke it had just been banned and the council were walking around booking everyone they just couldnt get all the laws, or the slow driving, or the way the people dressed down even when they went out, or the way the aussies are supposed to be friendly but just ignored them. The complaints just went on and on, we ended up booking them onto a OZ experience bus, think it saved us from murdering them

Last edited by jad n rich; Sep 7th 2005 at 1:15 am.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Starting to get a bit worried now, only 2 posts?
Old Sep 7th 2005, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

Best experience - so many, difficult to choose one but if I had to I would say a holiday in Mount Kosiosko (wrong spelling but right pronunciation) National Park. I've never been much of a walker but we walked to the top of the mountain, then the next day we got a ski lift to the top (no snow around as it was tail end of summer) & walked down through a most spectacular landscape. Fantastic views & sights, with the added bonus of feeling very proud at being so active. I literally couldn't walk for about a week after but it was worth it.

Funniest was seeing this guy dressed in leather shorts, (very short shorts I hasten to add) a singlet & blundstones, great big bushy beard & wild hair (a bit Z Z Top) at every event we went to in every type of weather , come rain or shine.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
its all still very new to us but i think the best things so far are having a swimming pool in the garden,only posh people have them back home,seeing al the colourful birds in the garden and waking up to the sunshine in the mornings
funniest moment although we didnt realise it till afterwards, is when we went into an electrical store and asked for a router for our pc,geting a shocked look off the assistant and not realising thankfully till afterwards that we d just asked him for a shag :scared:

tracey
Old Sep 8th 2005, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

anna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant future

wOULD have loved to have seen his face! where aboys in brisbane do you stay?