Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what has australia got to offer

what has australia got to offer

Old Sep 4th 2009, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

jackinoz is just really nicejackinoz is just really nicejackinoz is just really nicejackinoz is just really nicejackinoz is just really nicejackinoz is just really nicejackinoz is just really nicejackinoz is just really nice
Default what has australia got to offer

apart from the sun,flies,spiders,snakes,crocs,sharks,jellyfish,wh at else has aus got to offer ,take the sun away me thinks not many of us would bother
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:02 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what has australia got to offer

Originally Posted by jackinoz
apart from the sun,flies,spiders,snakes,crocs,sharks,jellyfish,wh at else has aus got to offer ,take the sun away me thinks not many of us would bother
you forgot to mention the bogans,hoons,shite houses,crap driving,skin cancer,piss poor education,rip off banks,tosspot estate agents..........
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

jackinoz is just really nicejackinoz is just really nicejackinoz is just really nicejackinoz is just really nicejackinoz is just really nicejackinoz is just really nicejackinoz is just really nicejackinoz is just really nice

weve started something now,forgot to mention leaving family,friends,PUBS,(went over earlier this year expecting every one to be all helpfull and happy are they shite neighbours didnt even bother saying hello w ks
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:21 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Yawn
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:23 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay I've opened a book.

What's your bets?

How many posts between the first positive post and the Ausknockers whinging that they should be allowed to whine in peace?

Karma for the winner. Management decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:31 pm
The Stars are Underground

Beachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to all

Good point but......VERY HARD TO ANSWER

I guess it is whatever you are looking for i.e lifestyle change/ getting away from your real life for awhile(whatever the hell that is).

Many a time I was hearing in my ear....when are we going to Australia...when are we going etc etc etc etc etc etc etc and then some.

When I went over the first time, I looked for all the bad points(a million traffic lights in every street, rude drivers etc etc), I highlighted these differences, made a point of it.... What was the reason for doing this..........So that Ireland(crap weather an all) is just as good. And why should I leave my fam and co for what would seem to me at the time FOREVER.
Well ya Ireland and tonnes of other places are just like Oz, but try saying that to an OZ woman who has out stayed her welcome in Ireland!!

Can't blame her in the slightest, cos when I went back the second time it hit me....... the blatant laziness of the place(if ya know what I mean)
Having a barbie out the back, outdoor living...sunshine = = =HAPPINESS

It didn't dawn on me until I went there the second time!!
Why the fxxk wasn't my fam and I born in Oz....well there is my point.

Its whatever your looking for at a given point in your life, Oz/Nz is advertised here all the time - Ireland/Uk.

So I agree with quote, but you are mentioning physical things, another post mentioned neighbours not noticing them etc....that can happen anywhere.

Live life be free, rock'n'roll ( go with the flow dude )

Cos this LIFE IS QUICKER THAN THE WINK OF AN EYE

Last edited by Beachband; Sep 4th 2009 at 11:34 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

oz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud of

well said "frusciante"

now pack us a cone and lets sit back and enjoy the ride

god i love these threads
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

i forgot to mention the neigbours were british snobby w------ks ,back about aus everything is to exspensive $15 dollars for a ice cream .and i did see dogshit all over the beach kids nearly stood in it ,would like to have grabbed the owner and rubbed his nose in it lazy git
Old Sep 5th 2009, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

oz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud of

in the words of the greatest ever aussie band..eddy currents suppression ring

"you have to weigh up the negatives and compare them to the positives

if you just dont know which way to go"
Old Sep 5th 2009, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

My only problem with Australia is how every business is set up to empty your pockets of cash as quickly as possible. Houses and cars advertised for sale with no price, ask how much they are and they ask you how much you have got!!

Don't know about the whole of Oz but in South Australia there are no laws/governing bodies to restrict the markup on anything. I have seen an 850% markup on selling a spare part here!
Old Sep 5th 2009, 1:12 am

Beachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Cant rain all the time2
My only problem with Australia is how every business is set up to empty your pockets of cash as quickly as possible. Houses and cars advertised for sale with no price, ask how much they are and they ask you how much you have got!!

Don't know about the whole of Oz but in South Australia there are no laws/governing bodies to restrict the markup on anything. I have seen an 850% markup on selling a spare part here!

GUMTREE IS YOUR ANSWER!!!!!
Old Sep 5th 2009, 1:34 am
ABCDiamond

i forgot to mention the neigbours were british snobby w------ks ,back about aus everything is to exspensive $15 dollars for a ice cream .and i did see dogshit all over the beach kids nearly stood in it ,would like to have grabbed the owner and rubbed his nose in it lazy git
Interesting about the dog on the beach, the other common complaint about Australia is that Dogs aren't allowed on most beaches here
Which beach did you find that problem at, it may be worth avoiding...

But I think you are buying your ice cream in the wrong places...
You should try the tourist areas like Mt Coot-Tha lookout. I think that a double scoop ice cream was $5. Same price as a Wendy's one in the local shopping centre.

But the Cold Rock Ice creams can get a bit pricey..

Old Sep 5th 2009, 1:42 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Cant rain all the time2

I don't think that any country has laws to restrict markups.

If you want to find houses for sale with prices, try the Real Estate agents, most of the properties have prices, except for one main exception.

Or try Realestate.com.au most of them have prices on.

And carsales.com.au gives you plenty of cars for sale, all with prices shown, but of course all negotiable downwards ..

Old Sep 5th 2009, 2:05 am

I've always found buying a car privately you get the best benefits i.e the best price, as your not dealing with a garage.
That's why I mentioned Gumtree.

As regards renting houses/apts etc if you can deal directly with a Landlord you will get the best benefits as well, although in Oz I think your chances of dealing with a landlord directly is slim to none - they all seem to use the management firm to FIND a tenant and MANAGE the property.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by oz miller man
well said "frusciante"

now pack us a cone and lets sit back and enjoy the ride

god i love these threads
Na mate was never a peppers fan, liked them for awhile, kinda still do, wouldn't call myself a fan though, saw them once at a festival, think I left midway to see some other band if my mind serves me correctly.

Still though - soul to squeeze is a classic, suck my kiss etc etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.