Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What has Australia ever done for you ?

What has Australia ever done for you ?

Old Aug 27th 2011, 8:00 pm
Love Machine

lumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of light
Default What has Australia ever done for you ?

Well

Old Aug 27th 2011, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What has Australia ever done for you ?

Australia has sky high property prices and a very strong economy. Which allowed me to transfer money to the UK over the last couple of years and then sell my house and make a mint on the exchange rate, and now I've moved back to the UK don't have to work.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:10 pm
Banned

Been there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant future

Given us a better life than could be imagined.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:20 pm
Banned

RossCountyLoyal is an unknown quantity at this point

sunburn
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:22 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lumpommer
Well

Given me the opportunity to meet some of the most genuine people I've ever known.
Given me the opportunity to get a university education without having to come up with thousands of $ upfront for fees.
Given me the opportunity to live in another country just because I wanted to.
Given me the opportunity to travel for relatively little money to places I could not have afforded to travel from North America.
Made me see who and what are important in my life. And alternately who I am important to.

What about you? What has Australia done for you? Or better question...What have you done for Australia?
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:26 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Given me 2 extra years of life expectancy.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:28 pm
Banned

RossCountyLoyal is an unknown quantity at this point

Kylie and Inxs

Prisoners from cell block H

The first nuclear bomb set off by an individual, not a nation (Aum Shinrikyo)

Neighbours and Home & Away

Rupert Murdoch
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:40 pm
Banned

Been there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant futureBeen there has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Given me the opportunity to meet some of the most genuine people I've ever known.
Given me the opportunity to get a university education without having to come up with thousands of $ upfront for fees.
Given me the opportunity to live in another country just because I wanted to.
Given me the opportunity to travel for relatively little money to places I could not have afforded to travel from North America.
Made me see who and what are important in my life. And alternately who I am important to.

What about you? What has Australia done for you? Or better question...What have you done for Australia?
Served in her military for 6 years.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:56 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Well because of fast rising house prices it has hopefully allowed us to move to the UK and live mortgage free (fingers crossed).
Old Aug 27th 2011, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Produced my soul mate and life partner
Given me 4 healthy university standard educated Children that I know would never get involved in rioting
Given me a secure financial future... Superannuation, House and other assets from a base of next to zero
Given me the real prospects of a exciting wealthy and healthy retirement with close to limitless horizons, I can probably go where I want.... all on blue collar jobs..
Made me extremely happy and contented.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 27th 2011 at 11:45 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 11:55 pm
Banned

Fried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really nice

Well

Created a sh!t load of problems for my relationship...........
Old Aug 28th 2011, 12:06 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Well

What have you done for it?
Old Aug 28th 2011, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Well

Gave me a visa to live here permanently if I want to. It is the chance to live in another part of the world and explore this part of the world much more easily than I ever would have been able to from the UK.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 12:10 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Given me a succession of chest, sinus and throat infections
Old Aug 28th 2011, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Given me a succession of chest, sinus and throat infections
That's actually a negative I'll admit too... Made my Asthma a hell of a lot worse. In fact I didn't even realise I had Hayfever induced Asthma in the UK... I did mildly if I recall the slightly annoying symptoms correctly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.