Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What happens when UK passports expire?

Old Oct 14th 2006, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default What happens when UK passports expire?

Just a quick question really about our UK passports for the kids. They expire next July, is there a way we can renew them? They have the visa in them so it concerns me if I have to send them away. Also we're planning on returning to the UK for a holiday next Dec and the kids obviously need valid passports for then, my sister tells me they cost around 90 quid to rew? many thanks XXX
Old Oct 14th 2006, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Re: What happens when UK passports expire?

Originally Posted by glittababe
Just a quick question really about our UK passports for the kids. They expire next July, is there a way we can renew them? They have the visa in them so it concerns me if I have to send them away. Also we're planning on returning to the UK for a holiday next Dec and the kids obviously need valid passports for then, my sister tells me they cost around 90 quid to rew? many thanks XXX
just renewed mine, sent it to Canberra, cost $248 took 10 days, must submit old one but then carry both due to visa being in old one
see

http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/pas...ault.asp?id=79

Tara
Old Oct 14th 2006, 10:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ali south
just renewed mine, sent it to Canberra, cost $248 took 10 days, must submit old one but then carry both due to visa being in old one
see

http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/pas...ault.asp?id=79

Tara
Once you have the new passport, take both of them to your local DIMA office and they will put a label in the new one - and its FREE!!
Old Oct 14th 2006, 10:36 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: What happens when UK passports expire?

They go mouldy and you can't eat them.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice

For those of you who are still in the UK and have your visas, but passports have expired, you can send your new passport, your old passport with Visa in, a covering letter to explain why you need it (even though its obvious, but still need to do it) and then send it recorded with a stamped, recorded self addressed envelope to send it back. This will also apply to lost or stolen passports that have been replaced, but then you will have to send your visa grant letter too as they won't be able to see the visa in your old one:

Visa Evidencing Unit
Migration Bureau
Australian High Commission
Strand
London
WC2B 4LA

We have just got my OH and son's back with visas in new passports and it only took less than a week!
Old Oct 15th 2006, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

cresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Once you have the new passport, take both of them to your local DIMA office and they will put a label in the new one - and its FREE!!

Far out about time something was :scared:
Old Oct 15th 2006, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
They go mouldy and you can't eat them.
Mine self destructed, giving me a warning of 10 seconds.