Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What happens now??

What happens now??

Old Jan 16th 2006, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

airlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really nice
Default What happens now??

Hello!
At the moment i'm waiting on the approval of my Partner Visa and i may be going a little 'loco' with the wait but just realised i have no idea what happens from here in..
The person dealing with my case at the Strand has told me that i should know by Feburary but what happens? Will they let me know by mail /phone/email?? And if i am approved will i need to send them my passport to put the visa in or is it a seperate document??

I would appreciate if you could enlighten me or let me know anything else that might be useful...

Thankyou evryone!
Old Jan 16th 2006, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happens now??

Originally Posted by airlie*7
Hello!
At the moment i'm waiting on the approval of my Partner Visa and i may be going a little 'loco' with the wait but just realised i have no idea what happens from here in..
The person dealing with my case at the Strand has told me that i should know by Feburary but what happens? Will they let me know by mail /phone/email?? And if i am approved will i need to send them my passport to put the visa in or is it a seperate document??

I would appreciate if you could enlighten me or let me know anything else that might be useful...

Thankyou evryone!

We got a phone call form our agent, she got an e-mail from DIMIA, so it depends if you've got an agent or not.

They will send you a grant letter that you need to send off with your passport, they put the visa sticker in and send it back to you, usually within a week.

Hope that helps
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

LauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really nice

Hello!

Thankyou evryone!
I sent mine and my daughter's passports in with the application and they were sent back with the visas stuck inside, but we didn't use an agent so it might be a little different for you. We didn't get email confirmation the application had been recieved or granted, just knew it had arrived from checking the cc statement and had been granted when the certs and passports arrived
Definitely off to bed now!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

airlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really nice

If i need to send off my passport to have the visa stuck in will it really only take a week?
I'm just worrying a little about cutting it fine with time as my partner and i are planning to fly Heathrow to Auckland at the end of Feburary for his brother's wedding (have already booked the flight) and then on to Oz when we're ready, to start our new life.

...??
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

LauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really nice

If i need to send off my passport to have the visa stuck in will it really only take a week?
I'm just worrying a little about cutting it fine with time as my partner and i are planning to fly Heathrow to Auckland at the end of Feburary for his brother's wedding (have already booked the flight) and then on to Oz when we're ready, to start our new life.

...??
There are no guarantees but once you get your visa granted if you send your passports guaranteed next day Special Delivery and include a Special Delivery prepaid bag for them to return them then that should help.

Good luck