Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What happens if the school bus stop isn't near the house???

What happens if the school bus stop isn't near the house???

Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:49 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What happens if the school bus stop isn't near the house???

Hi

What happens if the school bus stop isn't near the house in QLD??? as sometimes my husband or I may have to be out early and child may have to set off for school himself.

Do school buses tend to only go main routes or do they go off down side roads? House we looked at today was good for what we wanted but was about 1 mile plus from what seemed to be main road and up and down banks so not really a walkable thing for kid on own.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What happens if the school bus stop isn't near the house???

Originally Posted by annqldau
Hi

What happens if the school bus stop isn't near the house in QLD??? as sometimes my husband or I may have to be out early and child may have to set off for school himself.

Do school buses tend to only go main routes or do they go off down side roads? House we looked at today was good for what we wanted but was about 1 mile plus from what seemed to be main road and up and down banks so not really a walkable thing for kid on own.
There is a requirement for bus routes to be within a certain walkable distance apart to ensure coverage. Try the Transinfo site
http://jp.transinfo.qld.gov.au/

WW
Old Jan 29th 2006, 11:36 am

well it was a good idea but it spat this out... The information you gave us seems to be correct but there is no service in that area at this time or on this day. Alternatively the addresses you have entered may be too far from a public transport stop. Try entering just the suburb or an adjacent suburb, closer to town.

so he just wouldn't get to school...he'd be happy but we'd be pissed.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 11:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

well it was a good idea but it spat this out... The information you gave us seems to be correct but there is no service in that area at this time or on this day. Alternatively the addresses you have entered may be too far from a public transport stop. Try entering just the suburb or an adjacent suburb, closer to town.

so he just wouldn't get to school...he'd be happy but we'd be pissed.
Down here (GC) we have Surfside Buses. On their website is the school buses routes. Click on the school and the bus timetable to and from school pops up. If there is something similar your way, that may help finding the best road to live on.

We were really lucky in that we found the house and when we went to enrol the girls at the schools, we were told that the bus passes the house (actually stops if it sees a child waiting) and it will be free - but it was luck not judgement
Old Jan 29th 2006, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Down here (GC) we have Surfside Buses. On their website is the school buses routes. Click on the school and the bus timetable to and from school pops up. If there is something similar your way, that may help finding the best road to live on.

We were really lucky in that we found the house and when we went to enrol the girls at the schools, we were told that the bus passes the house (actually stops if it sees a child waiting) and it will be free - but it was luck not judgement
Think part of the problem is the house we are looking at is the end of the line on a no through road that goes for 2K+ from the main road that looks the likely school bus route, but we can't find any stops. It is in Cashmere have tried a quick trawl on google but so far nothing other than the one suggested.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 12:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Think part of the problem is the house we are looking at is the end of the line on a no through road that goes for 2K+ from the main road that looks the likely school bus route, but we can't find any stops. It is in Cashmere have tried a quick trawl on google but so far nothing other than the one suggested.
Did you see further down the Transinfo site the school buses listing. I obviously don't know where you are living or which school your boy goes to but I did find this (go to page 22 )
http://www.transinfo.qld.gov.au/qt/TransLin.nsf/ReferenceLookup/BTSchoolServiceBySchool.pdf/$file/BTSchoolServiceBySchool.pdf

Sorry if you have already got there.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 7:09 am

It is not in there must be out main city boundary. Cashmere I was looking for or winn road, ira buckley that sort of thing.

Thanks for trying... .
Old Jan 30th 2006, 7:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

It is not in there must be out main city boundary. Cashmere I was looking for or winn road, ira buckley that sort of thing.

Thanks for trying... .
Blimey, just checked you out in the UBD - looks like the middle of nowhere to me . Would have thought you would have more chance of a school bus there than nearer the city. Have you phoned the school and asked them?
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:48 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Blimey, just checked you out in the UBD - looks like the middle of nowhere to me . Would have thought you would have more chance of a school bus there than nearer the city. Have you phoned the school and asked them?
We're doing that tomorrow - both been a bit tied up today (oo-err fnarr fnarr).
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:57 am

Yep middle of nowhere but big house and lots of land to walk the new pup in... .... just typical the dream house doesn't have the bl**dy bus stop near by.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm already sick of spending half of every weekend house hunting but it has to be done.

And a lot of houses around there seemed worth the hike and closer than Samsonvale and Mount Samford which the 2nd choices but added an extra third journey time.

Hubby went off to play golf today so couldn't ring school and was closed by the time I FINished work.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 10:02 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Yep middle of nowhere but big house and lots of land to walk the new pup in... .... just typical the dream house doesn't have the bl**dy bus stop near by.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm already sick of spending half of every weekend house hunting but it has to be done.

And a lot of houses around there seemed worth the hike and closer than Samsonvale and Mount Samford which the 2nd choices but added an extra third journey time.

Hubby went off to play golf today so couldn't ring school and was closed by the time I FINished work.

Ah come on ya tight buggers get the kids a car.......

ZX....
Old Jan 30th 2006, 10:36 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Ah come on ya tight buggers get the kids a car.......

ZX....
When he's a bit older lol - he's still only 11!! I suggested a CR400 for him but OH thought it was a bit too much.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 10:24 pm

just a bus would do for now not bothered if he drives it or someone else.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

I know what I'd do - make the little bugger walk
Old Jan 31st 2006, 1:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Billabong
I know what I'd do - make the little bugger walk
Not a bad idea, but we thought 17 km each way might be overdoing it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.