Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what happens to child trust fund????

what happens to child trust fund????

Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light
Default what happens to child trust fund????

Does anyone know what happens, to the child trust fund, when u immigrate to Australia
Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:51 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what happens to child trust fund????

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
Does anyone know what happens, to the child trust fund, when u immigrate to Australia
I asked this question too & the answer i got was that if you disclose that you have left the UK then you have to surrender the trust fund. Apparantly there is something in the R&R's that the child must live in the UK. There are people on BE that are going to change the address to that of their parents, etc, so it can continue..... not sure what we are going to do.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

oh dear. not too much of a surprise though.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:05 am
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
I asked this question too & the answer i got was that if you disclose that you have left the UK then you have to surrender the trust fund. Apparantly there is something in the R&R's that the child must live in the UK. There are people on BE that are going to change the address to that of their parents, etc, so it can continue..... not sure what we are going to do.
This is a quote from the official documentation of my daughters trust fund.... "If the relevant child moves abroad, they can continue to hold their CTF account. Under current legislation, the account will still qualify for the preferential tax treatment available to CTF accounts, but the child will no longer be eligible to receive further Government contributions (if any)." Perhaps you need to check with the provider of your child/ren's fund but I would imagine they are all the same. Px
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppet
This is a quote from the official documentation of my daughters trust fund.... "If the relevant child moves abroad, they can continue to hold their CTF account. Under current legislation, the account will still qualify for the preferential tax treatment available to CTF accounts, but the child will no longer be eligible to receive further Government contributions (if any)." Perhaps you need to check with the provider of your child/ren's fund but I would imagine they are all the same. Px
This is how I understand it as well.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 5:20 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Good question! Another thing to add to my list of things to do!