Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What happens to the boxes now?!

What happens to the boxes now?!

Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default What happens to the boxes now?!

I'm sure someone's covered all this, but I can't find it! So can anyone out there (like MM maybe?) tell me what happens.....!

The boxes go from the shipper to the docks, into the container onto the ship - I get that bit. Someone has then told me that there is a website where you can track the progress of your ship across the world? Anyone know what its called?

Then when the stuff arrives in Brisbane, and Customs have done their stuff, what happens? Do they summon me to the port to pay for it, or send me an invoice or what?! I'm assuming they won't deliver it till I've coughed up!

Then (to complicate things) I have a crate going by air. Do they ring and say its in, come and pay before we release it? I'm paying for door-to-door on both shipments.

Silly questions I know, but seeing all my stuff disappearing in a van this morning, I wanna know whats going to happen to my teddy bears!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

And that Teddy Annual as well !

All the best for a happy last few weeks in Blighty. Now the excitement starts and you can look forward to your wedding day. See you there!

I bet it feels good to finally be rid of your stuff.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:03 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: What happens to the boxes now?!

Originally posted by Pollyana
I'm sure someone's covered all this, but I can't find it! So can anyone out there (like MM maybe?) tell me what happens.....!

The boxes go from the shipper to the docks, into the container onto the ship - I get that bit. Someone has then told me that there is a website where you can track the progress of your ship across the world? Anyone know what its called?

Then when the stuff arrives in Brisbane, and Customs have done their stuff, what happens? Do they summon me to the port to pay for it, or send me an invoice or what?! I'm assuming they won't deliver it till I've coughed up!

Then (to complicate things) I have a crate going by air. Do they ring and say its in, come and pay before we release it? I'm paying for door-to-door on both shipments.

Silly questions I know, but seeing all my stuff disappearing in a van this morning, I wanna know whats going to happen to my teddy bears!

If you are paying for door to door with teachests they will call your contact number and arrange for delivery when they have cleared customs.

Not sure about the payment thing though.....we paid up front.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:07 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm paying most of it upfront, but they reckon if anything has to be Customs inspected (like wood) or fumigated, then they can't quote you cos the costs have to be done in Oz. Hope you haven't got a hidden charge coming to bite you Pete?

Tina - my precious Teddy Bear Annual is coming with me in the luggage! As are a few of the teddies (and the snake). Made the teddies draw lots for who gets the plane trip, and who has to come by boat.....!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Tina - my precious Teddy Bear Annual is coming with me in the luggage! As are a few of the teddies (and the snake). Made the teddies draw lots for who gets the plane trip, and who has to come by boat.....! [/QUOTE]

Polly, have you watched that movie "How to loose a bloke in 10 Days"

I have this vision of your blokes flat after you ship in the Koala T's, teddys, teaspoons and teacloths, hes gonna fit!!! make sure you throw out any sports trophies he has to make room for them all

Are you taking him matching his and hers Burberry shirts, OMG
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:47 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I did 3 tea chests door to door. Eventually (after 3 months delay) we got the stuff. The delay was due to the Agents (megatop) and Seven Seas having a tiff over payments.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:11 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

, I wanna know whats going to happen to my teddy bears!
they end you with needy children in Sudan(or west sydney )

kidding -wishing you all the best -you have provided great posts and hope you continue to do so from your new home
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:13 pm

Originally posted by seang
they end you with needy children in Sudan(or west sydney )

kidding -wishing you all the best -you have provided great posts and hope you continue to do so from your new home
LOL.

They will probably be on sale down the road from my work.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:15 pm
Home and Happy

Oh thanks Seang, thats lovely of you. I shall be at a loose end without you lot out there to talk to. There will certainly be posts from Oz as soon as I can - and if my Bloke doesn't pull his weight more than he did today, I could be posting on the first night!

Am also thinking of following Dotty's advice, and chucking his trophies to replace with my dragons...... I told him today he has the easy end of the deal cos all he has to do is sit there and wait for me to arrive - so he wanted to know what is going on this end that is so stressful......! Wait till I get there and give him some of these threads to peruse!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:18 pm

Oh thanks Seang, thats lovely of you. I shall be at a loose end without you lot out there to talk to. There will certainly be posts from Oz as soon as I can - and if my Bloke doesn't pull his weight more than he did today, I could be posting on the first night!

Am also thinking of following Dotty's advice, and chucking his trophies to replace with my dragons...... I told him today he has the easy end of the deal cos all he has to do is sit there and wait for me to arrive - so he wanted to know what is going on this end that is so stressful......! Wait till I get there and give him some of these threads to peruse!
I am certainly looking forward to hearing from you when you get here. When is the flight?
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:21 pm
Home and Happy

Hallowe'en of course! Broomstick, cauldron, black cat, big black cloak, the lot!!!

It really is, 31st October - thought I should leave in style, so I had to pick a good date!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:01 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

You just about got it right polly,the container is loaded at your shippers depot,then taken to the docks ,if you can give me the container tag [num] letters and 7numbers i will see if they have a track and trace program, have done this for a couple of people on here, with fairly good results. Once in oz you will be invoiced for any procedures that need to be carried out.......... MM
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:08 pm
Home and Happy

Knew you'd come good MM; soon as I have a container tag number or whatever, I'll let you know.
Presumably we have to cough up the cash before they release the goods, both air and sea consignments?
Also, I know you can't give a close figure, but for a consignment of 40 odd boxes, 2 containing wooden items, and a wooden chest of drawers, am I likely to be looking at $100s or $1000s?
Thanks, its appreciated
Old Oct 16th 2003, 2:10 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

I paid door-to-door on my stuff (part container) last year. the bill I got at this end was about $250 (hundred quid) and that was for fumigation and rubber stamping. Customs wanted to charge me 'something', so charged me about $20 on my DVDs / CDs and what have you, then relented, decided that it would cost more to process the paperwork than they would make, and wrote it off!

Excellent!
Old Oct 16th 2003, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone has then told me that there is a website where you can track the progress of your ship across the world? Anyone know what its called?

If your boxes are on P&O you can track them from:
http://www.ponl.com/topic/home_page/...n/purplefinder

Be careful though, it leads to dreaming . . .

Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.