Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What happens at the airport?

What happens at the airport?

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 11:47 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default What happens at the airport?

Hi all,

I'm flying over to Brisbane at the end of March to get my visa validated. My brother will be meeting me at the airport - and my flight lands at 'Oh my god its early' o'clock in the morning.

Just curious - when I land do I have to go through a different gate, fill in forms, etc. Does this take a while?

If it does, I can tell my little bro to sleep in a bit later, and I'm sure he'd appreciate that rather than sit around the arrivals area waiting for me.

Cheers!

W.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:00 pm
owieb

Default Re: What happens at the airport?

Originally posted by Wanderlust
Hi all,

I'm flying over to Brisbane at the end of March to get my visa validated. My brother will be meeting me at the airport - and my flight lands at 'Oh my god its early' o'clock in the morning.

Just curious - when I land do I have to go through a different gate, fill in forms, etc. Does this take a while?

If it does, I can tell my little bro to sleep in a bit later, and I'm sure he'd appreciate that rather than sit around the arrivals area waiting for me.

Cheers!

W.
Nothing happens!

You go through immigration and they stamp your passport. They probably won't even acknowledge the fact that you are validating your visa.

Last edited by owieb; Feb 2nd 2004 at 12:34 pm.

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:30 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Oh. I guess I'm a bit dissapointed that there's no marching band or anything to meet all new permanent residents to Oz, but hey - who cares!
Thanks for the info - looks like he's gonna be getting up super early after all!

Cheers,

W.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,
I entered through Brissie, and through the "things to declare" and it took a total of 20 minutes, from getting my luggage to being "In Oz". Tell him to be there early!!
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:48 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

I think they go, "Here comes another pommie bastard to steal our jobs, women/men, and our sunshine".
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:49 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Wanderlust
Oh. I guess I'm a bit dissapointed that there's no marching band or anything to meet all new permanent residents to Oz, but hey - who cares!
Thanks for the info - looks like he's gonna be getting up super early after all!

Cheers,

W.
Nope no marching band.....no red carpet........no-one waving flags...nothing I thought at the very least Dame Edna would be there to greet us!

We did have a really nice cheery man to stamp our passports tho!
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 2:41 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Now there's an idea for a business - a Welcome to the Country brass band hiring scheme!
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 3:01 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wonder how many folks would hire them - just so their entrance through the airport feels as special and amazing as they want it to be. Personally my step over the border with my new visa should be accompanied by a full orchestra and fireworks!

LOL! It wont happend though - but I will have some excited family to welcome me instead. Can't wait!

W. :PARTY:
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 4:43 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Ask them to bring a kazoo each and try a rendition of Waltzing Matilda as you come through the gate while waving sparklers- maybe not the same effect as a full orchestra and firework display but pretty close!

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:44 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Watch out for customs when they start putting on those rubber gloves.:scared: