British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   What happend to Brisbane Weather thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/what-happend-brisbane-weather-thread-278015/)

HUP Jan 17th 2005 12:26 am

What happend to Brisbane Weather thread

There was a thread resurrected recently entitled Brisbane Weather. The thread had some heated (and slightly puzzling) responses from one poster. The entire thread seems to have been deleted.

Any idea what happened

jwatsonoz Jan 17th 2005 12:40 am

Re: What happend to Brisbane Weather thread

1 Attachment(s)
the facts:

Phoenixuk2oz Jan 17th 2005 12:54 am

Originally Posted by HUP
There was a thread resurrected recently entitled Brisbane Weather. The thread had some heated (and slightly puzzling) responses from one poster. The entire thread seems to have been deleted.

Any idea what happened

Someone asked for it to be deleted :rolleyes:

I asked Wayne [mod] why? He has no idea. Am awaiting a response as I've asked for it to be put back on [or at least moved] if there's no reason for it to have been taken off in the first place.

I personally feel it is unjust / unfair to delete a thread because someone doesn't like to read something they don't like. How does this provide balance?

I've had some pretty sh*tty stuff said to me, but I've taken it on the chin as everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Seems sometimes the mods accomodate those who are the most emotional, dramatic and unstable on here. Maybe these people shouldn't "give it" if they can't "take it" :rolleyes: :D

Come on mods....bring back some balance around here.....stop acting like teachers in a playground. We want some adult debate, even if it's heated at times at least it's not inane :D

Sue Jan 17th 2005 1:38 am

It was an old thread from over a year ago and was only resurrected to cause a row. Therefore to stop it getting out of hand it was deleted.

Sue

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Someone asked for it to be deleted :rolleyes:

I asked Wayne [mod] why? He has no idea. Am awaiting a response as I've asked for it to be put back on [or at least moved] if there's no reason for it to have been taken off in the first place.

I personally feel it is unjust / unfair to delete a thread because someone doesn't like to read something they don't like. How does this provide balance?

I've had some pretty sh*tty stuff said to me, but I've taken it on the chin as everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Seems sometimes the mods accomodate those who are the most emotional, dramatic and unstable on here. Maybe these people shouldn't "give it" if they can't "take it" :rolleyes: :D

Come on mods....bring back some balance around here.....stop acting like teachers in a playground. We want some adult debate, even if it's heated at times at least it's not inane :D

HUP Jan 17th 2005 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Sue
It was an old thread from over a year ago and was only resurrected to cause a row. Therefore to stop it getting out of hand it was deleted.

Sue

It was not resurrected to cause a row. It followed a recent trend of resurrecting old threads and seeing if someone would respond to it. One poster in particular seemed for no apparant rason to take exception to it and started saying there was a massive gang attack. Thiis was not the case as you can see by the threads ressurected by Wilf and PB. No was no malicious intent whatsoever. Look at the other two threads.

ABCDiamond Jan 17th 2005 2:29 am

Originally Posted by Sue

Sue

I agree with HUP, it didn't seem to have been started with the intention of creating a row, although it did go off the rail's for no apparent reason.

I imagine that someone got the wrong end of the stick with the post they made, although I have no idea why, but I didn't see many more posts after I was "referred" to, so I don't know what happened next.

Although I am a bit curious, I do feel it's probably best left deleted for all concerned.

Phoenixuk2oz Jan 17th 2005 2:33 am

Originally Posted by HUP
It was not resurrected to cause a row. It followed a recent trend of resurrecting old threads and seeing if someone would respond to it. One poster in particular seemed for no apparant rason to take exception to it and started saying there was a massive gang attack. Thiis was not the case as you can see by the threads ressurected by Wilf and PB. No was no malicious intent whatsoever. Look at the other two threads.

EXACTLY!

In fact it was meant as a joke....and there was absolutly NO intention of upsetting anyone for precicely the reason HUP mentioned i.e it was an old thread that someone had resurrected, and another forum member unwittingly took it for a new thread and started to respond, in effect answering an old thread. It was harmless fun.....effecting no one.....

It culminated into a row when a certain poster flew into a incoherrant rage and some other, equally emotional people jumped on the bandwagon. This SAME poster then started accusing ABCDiamond of creating trouble, when the poor guy was as innocent as everyone else :rolleyes:

Only THEN did others like myself respond and only THEN was it taken off hence none of the original posters got their chance to put their side accross.

Lets look after the few eh!

Very balanced way to manage a forum this innit :rolleyes:

Sue Jan 17th 2005 2:41 am

Trying to keep the forums on track is a difficult thing. We DON'T take sides. The thread was getting nasty and was deleted. End of story. Now to finish the subject altogether I am closing this thread.

Sue

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
EXACTLY!

In fact it was meant as a joke....and there was absolutly NO intention of upsetting anyone for precicely the reason HUP mentioned i.e it was an old thread that someone had resurrected, and another forum member unwittingly took it for a new thread and started to respond, in effect answering an old thread. It was harmless fun.....effecting no one.....

It culminated into a row when a certain poster flew into a incoherrant rage and some other, equally emotional people jumped on the bandwagon. This SAME poster then started accusing ABCDiamond of creating trouble, when the poor guy was as innocent as everyone else :rolleyes:

Only THEN did others like myself respond and only THEN was it taken off hence none of the original posters got their chance to put their side accross.

Lets look after the few eh!

Very balanced way to manage a forum this innit :rolleyes: