Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is expected on packing/shipping day

Wikiposts

What is expected on packing/shipping day

Old Jun 3rd 2006, 8:50 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is expected on packing/shipping day

We're going to pack ourselves and have come up with an inventory system that I hope works. It goes something like this...
As the box is being packed, each and every item is printed on a piece of lined paper and given a number. (ie: #1=12 crockery dinner plates, #2=12 crockery bowls, etc.) Then when the box is full, it is given a number which will be written in LARGE print on all 4 sides of the box as well as the top and then again on the corresponding paper. The paper will then be photocopied and attached to the box in one of those packing slip envelopes. We then will place the original paper list in a 3 ring binder which will go with us in our luggage. Hopefully customs will appreciate that every box is itemised for easy reference.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dotnron
We're going to pack ourselves and have come up with an inventory system that I hope works. It goes something like this...
As the box is being packed, each and every item is printed on a piece of lined paper and given a number. (ie: #1=12 crockery dinner plates, #2=12 crockery bowls, etc.) Then when the box is full, it is given a number which will be written in LARGE print on all 4 sides of the box as well as the top and then again on the corresponding paper. The paper will then be photocopied and attached to the box in one of those packing slip envelopes. We then will place the original paper list in a 3 ring binder which will go with us in our luggage. Hopefully customs will appreciate that every box is itemised for easy reference.
great system!! we hope to do a similar thing ourselves in October.
How long are you allowing yourselves to do all this??
Old Jun 4th 2006, 12:28 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpa34
Well, we've moved a lot in our 15 years of marriage. Probably 6 times? We're hoping to go over on August 11, and I'm finished work on July 28 so about 12 days should do it. I know it doesn't sound long, but I'm a bit of a control freak so am therefore extremely organized. I'll get the hubby and kids doing their fair share, too.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice

Originally Posted by rpa34

we plan to leave the 1st of October, we got visa on Friday, have started panicing big time!!!!
i dont know where to start, we have so much to do. we are going to rent out out flat so we have to re decorate a little.
i am going to start going through stuff now so that it is not a major problem in the end.

i just dont know where to start!!! i can feel myself getting very stressed. :scared:

Kate.