Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what exactly is foxtel?.....

what exactly is foxtel?.....

Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

s1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nice
Smile what exactly is foxtel?.....

i've checked their website and i'm still none the wiser.

we have just secured an apartment and that fact that it had 'foxtel' was listed on the details.

we will want to have broadband when we move in - will this affect our choice of provider??

thanks

Simon
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:53 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what exactly is foxtel?.....

Foxtel is the equivalent of Sky. The only connection with your telecoms provider is you might need a phone line connected to the box to watch pay per view movies.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s1mon321

we have just secured an apartment and that fact that it had 'foxtel' was listed on the details.

we will want to have broadband when we move in - will this affect our choice of provider??

thanks

Simon
Foxtel is a subscription TV provider.

The mention in the apartment details would mean it's wired up for Foxtel (previous occupant probably had it) so it would be straightforward for you to get a Foxtel subscription. Foxtel just need to supply the box.

Some landlords won't allow Foxtel to be installed (because of the cable work) so you're in front there.

It's got nothing to do with broadband.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:57 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Foxtel is the equivalent of Sky. The only connection with your telecoms provider is you might need a phone line connected to the box to watch pay per view movies.
You don't even need that. Ours isn't connected by phone and if we want to watch a Box Office movie we have to ring up.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold

If you live outside a city like Sydney then it's Austar not Foxtel you subscribe to. Our package includes UK TV, Sky Sports, Movies and Sky News (including Sky UK news 24 hours a day). My husband watches premiership matches and UK's Setanta Sports. We particularly like watching the highlights of all the goals scored by football clubs in all the lower divisions
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by s1mon321

thanks

Simon
Foxtel is a must...unless you like watching complete garbage.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

Yeah but you have to wait 4 years for them to install it so phone them up now, if you want broadband head to Big Pond
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Foxtel is garbage as well. We have it and we still complain we having nothing to watch!

Gems
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:08 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gems
Foxtel is garbage as well. We have it and we still complain we having nothing to watch!

Gems
It's alot better than Oz TV...it has UKTV afterall
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:25 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Foxtel is

a waste of money.

Great if you like watching adverts though.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:25 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
You don't even need that. Ours isn't connected by phone and if we want to watch a Box Office movie we have to ring up.
I tried that one evening several months back. The phone line was only open during normal business hours. Really useful. NOT!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:29 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I tried that one evening several months back. The phone line was only open during normal business hours. Really useful. NOT!
We've not had any trouble - we have satellite not cable though. I wonder if that's the difference?

Still these days we watch just as many films courtesy of Azureus
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:29 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Foxtel is a must...unless you like watching complete garbage.
Yes, you get dozens of channels of .....garbage!

A bit unfair - but how anyone can charge for pushing out the same programs day after day, week after week and month after month (and get away with it) is beyond me. AND you still have to put up with ads every few minutes. One film we wanted to watch, with a showing time of 1hr 55mins was scheduled to be transmitted from 8pm to midnight - 2hrs 5mins of ads: all paid for by the viewer. Didn't bother.....
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:36 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by renth
We've not had any trouble - we have satellite not cable though. I wonder if that's the difference?

Still these days we watch just as many films courtesy of Azureus
We are satellite too. Maybe I will have to give it another go. Perhaps you need to register during business hours then can call per movie whenever.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

cj321 will become famous soon enoughcj321 will become famous soon enough

you guys should go to thebox.bz (and many other sites) you can then watch what you like when you like and all without commercials

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.