Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what an evening!

what an evening!

Old May 17th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default what an evening!

I was working in Geelong today and left early to get home in good time for our citizenship ceremony.

Mr P greeted me at the door to tell me out cat (baby) had been hurt . He had a bloody eye and was hiding under the bed....between us we managed to catch him, race him to the vet. The vet saw us quickly (as we explained about ceremony) jabbed cat in arse, charged us $100 bucks and sent us on our way, saying :"Your cat should not lose the use of his eye"!

Of course we were then quite emotional thoughout the ceremony.

After the oath, the multicultural relations police officer presented us with our grass plants, whilst commenting that he normally takes these off people.....

The mayor of Hobson's Bay was the worst public speaker I have ever heard, but still we are now officially citizens....
Old May 17th 2006, 12:01 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what an evening!

Congratulations - feels good doesn't it?

Old May 17th 2006, 12:05 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
I was working in Geelong today and left early to get home in good time for our citizenship ceremony.

Mr P greeted me at the door to tell me out cat (baby) had been hurt . He had a bloody eye and was hiding under the bed....between us we managed to catch him, race him to the vet. The vet saw us quickly (as we explained about ceremony) jabbed cat in arse, charged us $100 bucks and sent us on our way, saying :"Your cat should not lose the use of his eye"!

After the oath, the multicultural relations police officer presented us with our grass plants, whilst commenting that he normally takes these off people.....

The mayor of Hobson's Bay was the worst public speaker I have ever heard, but still we are now officially citizens....
Congrats

Do citizen's pay the lions share for expat curry nights out?
Old May 17th 2006, 12:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster

That's lovely, but more importantly, how's the cat?
Old May 17th 2006, 12:39 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrates , and get well soon the cat !
Old May 17th 2006, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you...

poor old cat is currently hiding in a darkened room with his weeping eye. I hope he doesn't lose it, as he loves going outside and I think we would not let him do so with partial vision (as we live on a road full of hoons)